Chapter 22

Legolas's P.O.V.

"I don't see what you see in her; she is but a Hobbit,"  my father spoke cruelly.  "AND half Elf, Ada. She's been my friend for many years, why wouldn't she be welcomed into the family?"  He responded,  "I never said that, I only stated that she's not a Royal Elf like us, therefore, it wouldn't work out if she were to even come back!"  I frowned and spoke,  "What if she does?"  My father let out an exasperated sigh and spoke,  "IF she is to ever come back, then I'll let you have your chance."   "Fair enough."

Rayne's P.O.V.

I sat in my empty Hobbit-hole alone and quiet; i was wondering where I would go. Where to leave nd escape this place. I slowly shuffled to a chest and pulled out a map. I made my way to my table, where I laid it out on. I smoothed the wrinkles, searching down to the last detail.  "Helm's Deep... The Glittering Caves are exactly behind. The Dwarves.... The Dwarves!"  I smiled and ran to my room and snatched a bag from the floor. I took my clothes and shoved them in the bag; I grabbed my quiver and shoved more arrows in and set my bow to the side. I walked around the whole house gathering all of the pictures and putting them in my bag. I took a quick bath and slid on black clothes and a black cloak. I put my daggers on my belt and stuck a few knives down my boots. I pulled my hair back with a few braids. I picked up my items and began to head out of the house. As I was reaching for the door, I glanced over at my desk and stared at my pen for a minute. I sighed and dropped my things.

Dear Sam,

I wish you the best of luck with your wife. You two will make a beautiful family, and they will be amazing. Sadly, I won't be there to see anything in your life, nor the other's, progress. By the time you read this, I'll be long gone. To where I've gone, I can't tell, but know that I'll be happy. I Wish you the best of luck. ~Corinthian Rayne Soundgarden.

Dear Merry,

We've had our ups and downs here lately, and I want you to know that it's nothing to me. You, for many years, have provided me an unbreakable, loving friendship. As your sister, I'd love to watch you find a woman and settle in with her, but I can't do that. I'm leaving, and there's no telling when I'll be back. I suppose you might think it is your fault, but it isn't. You're the best, stubborn brother anyone could ask for; and, despite your annoying trait, I still love you. I wish you the best of luck. ~Corinthian Rayne Soundgarden.

Dear Peregrin Took,

As you may know by now, I am LONG gone. There's no telling where I'll be by the time you read this. I won't be able to watch as you and the others make families, which almost brings tears to my eyes. I'd love to see all of your children one day; however, I don't know when I will come back, or if I will come back. Because I don't know what you're thinking, I'll put this out there: My leaving is not your fault. It is a side-effect of not handling certain situations properly. Running won't solve anything, PIp. Please remember that. Never run; embrace whatever you're going through head-on. It'll make life easier. I must be leaving now, Pippin. I wish you the best of luck. ~Corinthian Rayne Soundgarden.

I set each of them in envelopes on a table and grabbed my things. I wiped my eye and sprinted out of the house, without turning back. I hopped on my pony and made her run along to my destination. The sun was setting as I rode away from The Shire, and it faded into the distance as I did.

It took months getting to my destination, but once I got there, I knew it was worth it.

From then on out, I stayed with the Dwarfs. I met with Gimli, who was overjoyed to see me. I told him I'd like to experience the Dwarf life for a while, so he sent me to live with Nexus and Hexus. We had nightly feasts, training with his nephews, singing, and digging for jewels every now and then. I did more training  with the twins than anything else.

*About one YEAR later*  (Sorry for such drastic time skips lately)

I swung my sword at Nexus as Hexus watched. We continued to cling swords until we had each other caught.  "That's a wrap,"  he spoke walking away with a smile. I smiled back and spoke,  "I'm taking a bath, so no meandering."  They chuckled as I walked to their house. I took a bath and dressed. It was almost time to go to Gimli's house.  "Rayne, you must hurry,"  Hexus called out,  "We'll be leaving soon."  I smiled and fixed my shirt into my pants before walking out. Nexus tackled me and lifted me up into a bear hug.  "Get her! Get her!"  He called. Hexus laughed and ran past him, grabbing me in the process.  "Let me go!"  I giggled. I laughed until we were out of the house. He set me on the ground and smiled. I returned the smiled and stood up beside him. Nexus walked out and spoke,  "Off to Uncle's house!"

After the feast, Gimli let us leave to get some rest. By the time we reached the house, Hexus was very tired. He put his head on his pillow and passed out. Nexus, on the other hand, wanted to hear some stories of mine. We were pretty close; I trusted him with everything. Not that I didn't trust Hexus, but Nexus and I were closer. He passed out, so I walked to my room. I lied down and thought about what I always think about in my free time:  My old life. Frodo, Sam, Merry, and Pippin when we were all sitting in a feild, doing nothing. Or when we were on the adventure. I sighed and whispered,  "What went wrong?"  I missed Pippin, no doubt. I missed his arms, his voice, his love. I could never hate the Hobbit. He has held such a special place in my heart for so long, there's no getting rid of it now.

Pippin's P.O.V.

"What do you mean she has letter for us?"  Merry asked. I spoke,  "I went to check on her and she wasn't home; everything's so dusty! I looked around and say envelopes fo us. There's no telling how long ago she left. I've never noticed that I haven't seen her lately."  Sam walked away and spoke,  "I'm going to hae a look for myself, and if this is a prank, I will have your head for it!"  We followed him as he opened the door to her house.  "Rayne! Rayne?"  He called. Merry swiped a finger on a dusty lamp.  "Ugh!"  Sam walked over to the envelopes and spoke,  "There's one for each of us."  He handed them to us and opened his. I snatched mine away from him and read over it. I reread it for the thousandth time.  "Why'd she leave?"  I asked.  The others were too busy in their own minds freaking out.

I went to our old bedroom and looked around. Everything was gone. Her clothes, shoes, weapons, pictures, everything. i sighed and sat down. Tears fell from my eyes as I whispered,  "I thought this wasn't our last goodbye."