Chapter 11

Laying in bed, you stared at the ceiling aimlessly. You wasn't sure how late it was, but you didn't really care. As much as he had abused, manipulated and just generally hurt you, you couldn't help but feel a pang of guilt for what you did to Masky.
As you thought, the usual jiggle of the door handle alerted you of someone's presence. You ignored it, like you always did.
But you sat bolt upright in bed as the door suddenly slowly opened, and Masky stepped inside. In his hand was a key, even though yours was dangling around your neck. Masky tilted his head as he saw the fear on your face.

"What? Surprised to see me?" Masky said, then two figures appeared behind him. One you recognised as Jeff, the other was a grey-skinned man with yellow eyes, "get her."

The room you woke up in was cold, and felt wet. You realised you were tied at the wrists and ankles with rough rope, and dread immediately set in. As if on cue, the door opened and in entered the three men who took you from your bed.

"I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, Y/N. You surprised me with that little stunt you pulled. Unfortunately, I think you're getting a little too confident for my liking," Masky bent down and flicked your forehead. You glared up at him, trying to conceal your fear, "ah, see! Don't pretend you aren't scared, Y/N..."

Masky stepped back, and Jeff cut the ropes. Before you could even process what was going on, the yellow eyed man suddenly shot strings from his fingers, lifting you up into the air. The string tightened, cutting into your skin. You let out a cry as the strings began contorting your body.

"We can smell your fear."

Every time you woke up, you were in the dark, the room splattered with sprays of your blood. The room was dimly lit with strings. Everything ached, and sometimes you couldn't even move without letting out a cry of pain. The groaning of pain you made would alert Masky, and they would enter again. The three would take turns beating you, twisting your limbs to their limit so your bones wouldn't break but your muscles would split. The Puppeteer's strings held you up like a display, like a fly on a spider's web. The third time you woke up, you had stopped fighting. Then, they entered again.

"Let her down." Masky ordered, and you landed with a sickening thump, not even having the energy to cry out. Masky slowly knelt down and propped you up, then tilted his head, "look at you, hm? Not so big and tough now? Where's your little proxies to protect you? There isn't a locked door to shield you here, Y/N."

You slowly looked up at Masky, your neck aching as you did so, but you still held his gaze defiantly. He stared back at you, then let out a noise that you identified as anger.

"Still acting like the big guy, huh? Alright, I see how it is." Masky grabbed you by the throat, tightening his grip until you could barely breathe. Pulling his arm back, he let down a punch into your face, then another, and another, "don't you get it? You're a human being, you are nothing compared to me! I am your god! You die when I decide, and you will fear me!"

Masky dropped you, panting as you began slipping into unconsciousness. Even in your state, you met his gaze and smirked slightly, before falling into the void again.

You woke up with a gasp, and attempted to sit up. Your body screamed in protest, and you fell back to the floor with a groan of pain, tears welling in your eyes. Your stomach hurt, you couldn't remember the last time you ate or drank. You didn't even know how long it had been since they had taken you from your bed. As you laid there, silently crying in the dark, the door opened. Masky entered, alone this time. He paused, looking at your weak state. He didn't speak until he approached you and slowly crouched down beside you.

"Not dead yet?" Masky said as he moved some of your damp hair from your face, "why? What is there to fight for? You lived an uneventful life. You had nobody. And yet you still hang on."
Masky watched you as you simply looked back at him, not even having the energy to speak.
"You're outmatched, don't you see? I am stronger than you in every way. And you? You're just a human."

You squeezed your eyes shut, tears trickling from the sides. You managed to gather just enough energy to speak.

"Then... why did I take you down with a bit of dodgy anaesthetic, but you can't even kill me?" You croaked, opening your eyes at staring at Masky. The fire in your eyes remained.

Masky went quiet, and stayed that way for a while. Just sat beside you, watching you cling into life.

"Fuck you, Y/N. Fuck you. I could kill you at any time, don't forget that," Masky scooped you up into his arms, still looking into your (E/C) eyes, "don't you ever fucking forget."

As he carried you out of the room, you stared at him. Where was he taking you? Did he have to move you to avoid detection? To avoid someone else finding you and taking your life? Your eyes fluttered closed. You were so tired. And everything hurt. Everything.

Voices surrounded you. Bright lights shone into your eyes, and the voices continued. There was so much white, and so many blobs of people. Most voices sounded angry, a few sounded reasoning. It was hard to tell the difference. But one shone out to you as a cold hand met your forehead.

You woke up with a jolt, and found yourself in a completely new environment. Feeling oddly clean, you saw you were laid in a hospital bed; a curtain surrounding you. Different tubes fed out of you, and you felt one going down your throat through your nose. With a sigh, you fell back into the pillow. You were safe. Was this a normal hospital? Were you finally free? The curtain opened, and you opened your eyes to see Toby stood there. He met your eyes, and his body froze up.

"Y-Y/N?" Stuttered, and began ticcing uncontrollably for a good five seconds, "you're a-awake."

Dr. Smiley came from behind him and entered the small space, and peered at you.

"Welcome back, Y/N. Your body experienced quite a bit of trauma. In total, you had a fractured lower arm, sprained ankles and wrists, a broken leg, two cracked ribs and a fractured back. You also experienced a concussion, but I sorted that out first." Dr. Smiley listed out your injuries, and you weren't surprised in the slightest. Yet you still felt slightly disorientated. Looking down at your body, you saw that you had no casts or braces.

"How long was I out?" You asked after what you were seeing finally processed. Dr. Smiley tilted his head at his chart.

"A month and two weeks. After you arrived I put you in an induced coma. Your body deems you healed now," when he saw your expression, he chuckled, "don't worry, you didn't miss much."

"How did I escape? The room, i mean?" You asked, and Toby seemed to stiffen again, and immediately began radiating anger.

"You didn't escape. Masky brought you here." Toby replied bitterly. Masky? Why would he let you go?

Dr. Smiley looked at the two of you, then nodded his head at you and departed. Toby approached you and sat down on the chair beside your bed.

"What happened?" You asked softly, not wanting to upset Toby any further but still wanting to know what happened to you.

"Masky brought you to the ward and just gave you to Dr. Smiley. He didn't say much, just told him to fix you up. I heard about you through Clockwork, and when I got here, loads of creepypastas were here," Toby paused, then took off his goggles and pulled down his mouthguard, as if irritated by them, "They were all confused. They didn't believe Masky brought you here. But I know the truth."

You paused, looking at him as his eyes darkened, and he began twitching. Taking his hand, you gave it a gentle squeeze and he met your gaze.

"What's the truth?" You asked.

"He did bring you here. He told me he did. He wouldn't say why, but he just spewed some of that bullshit he always does about you being weak and shit." Toby finished, then met your gaze again, "Y/N..."

"If you're going to blame yourself, shut the fuck up. This wasn't your fault. He somehow had a key, he probably found a way to clone it. You couldn't have known that," you reached out and stroked his face, and noticed how deep his dark circles was, "go get some sleep. I should be out by tomorrow."

Toby looked at you, then sighed and stood up.

"Alright, I'll try and be here to lead you back. Don't leave if I don't show. Just... stay here." Toby gave your hand one last squeeze before departing. With a sigh, you flopped back into your pillow.

Why would Masky spare you?