Chapter 12

Brushing yourself down, you looked at yourself in the bathroom mirror to inspect your outfit.
Your clothes had been replaced since they had been ruined by your torture. Instead you were wearing black baggy, ripped jeans, (F/C) converse, a (F/C) band shirt and a black zip-up hoodie that you left hanging off one shoulder.
As you exited the bathroom, you saw the hospital in front of you, and Dr. Smiley immediately came over to you and handed over your discharge letter and your door key.

"Here you are, Y/N. You can leave now," Dr. Smiley said, and he chuckled as you let out a groan of relief, "Am I that bothersome?"

"Oh, shit- no, I just really hate hospitals. Nothing personal," you reassured him, and he raised an eyebrow at you teasingly, "anyway, is Toby here? He said he was going to walk me back..."

"Ah, no, he isn't. But I can give you directions," Dr. Smiley said, then turned his attention to the door, "if you exit out the door, then go left, then right down the first turn, there should be a staircase. Go down it, then down again. Then turn right and go down the hallway, then left, and your room is just before the next turn."

You blinked as you memorised all of that, already feeling you might get a little lost. It made your stomach hurt at the thought of being alone anywhere in this mansion.
But you should be fine if you ran, right? And plus, you could protect yourself. As you thought this, Dr. Smiley took out something from his pocket and put it in your hand.
A pocket knife, different from yours, a tiny bit bigger and a lot sharper. You flinched just looking at it.

"As long as you have this, you'll be just fine. Knowing you, of course," Dr. Smiley joked, "you're very good with a pocket knife, aren't you?"

"Only when threatened," you responded, then grinned as you flicked it into its case and put it in your pocket, "so watch your back."

"Ah, I wouldn't get too confident there, Y/N, I know just where to strike. I'm a doctor for a reason."

You rolled your eyes, not taking his words seriously, then bid him farewell and headed into the dark hallways of the mansion.

Following his directions, you found yourself at the staircase. The hallways were a lot longer than you thought they would be, it took you a solid nine minutes to reach it.
Slightly concerned for the layout of this house, you descended the staircase. As you rounded the banister to descend the second set, a door behind you opened.

"give me a fucking break," you thought, then quickly pulled out your switchblade, flicking it open behind your back as you turned.

As you laid your eyes on the figure, you suddenly felt very limp, and very strange. Your skin tingled painfully like it was cold, and you couldn't breathe properly.
Masky stood in front of you, watching you. Confused and terrified, you felt a huge wave of anxiety and pain as you realised it was really him.

"Get away from me!" You cried out desperately before he could even speak, stumbling away from him and pulling the switchblade from behind your back.

Losing your balance, you slipped on the top step of the staircase, and felt your insides lurch as you began plummeting.
But as you prepared yourself for the immense pain of falling down the hard, wooden stairs, Masky leapt towards you, wrapping his hand around your wrist and grabbing the banister.
You stared at him, your body screaming at his touch, the only thing stopping you from tumbling being his grasp.
Half expecting it to be another sick game to make you scared, you lashed out at him with the switchblade. Masky dodged it effortlessly, you being disorientated due to your panic, and pulled you upright. In your confusion, he used it as a distraction to disarm you, then closed the pocket knife.

"S-stay away from me!" You shoved him away from you, then took off running down the hallway.

You felt adrenaline pumping through your blood, but your panic made you lose track of direction and you found yourself weaving through a maze yet again.
As you spun and ran, tears streaming down your face, you felt someone slam you into the wall, holding you by your shoulders.
Immediately you began frantically lashing out at your attacker, sobbing and screaming.

"Quiet." The voice commanded, and you immediately obeyed, fear sewing your mouth shut.

Desperately blinking away your tears, your vision unblurred enough to see it was yet again Masky.
Too scared to speak, you simply shook violently and stared back at him, your mouth going dry as you felt an urge to vomit.
Masky paused, then saw you wasn't going to attack him and let you go. Frozen in place, you stood and continued to stare at him.

"Come on." Was all he said, grabbing your wrist and leading you back down the hallway.

Weaving through the mansion, he eventually led you back to the staircase, then down it. You recognised the turning pattern as what Dr. Smiley had told you, but still remained quiet.
Why was he taking you to your room? Would it make it easier to attack you? As you paused outside of your door, Masky looked at you.

"There. Don't pull some shit like that again. Stay the fuck inside your room or next time I'll make sure you regret it," Masky snapped at you, and you cowered at his words.
Then you felt his hand lift your face, and hold your cheek. You stared into the darkness of the mask's eyeholes as he stared at you, then spoke, "you woke up then, huh?"

There was a long pause, until you had the courage to speak.

"Yes." Was all you said.

"I really messed you up, didn't I? For you to be out that long. I thought you would never wake up, that you were dead. Nobody told me anything, of course. They should, I'm a proxy after all..." even in your terrified state, you raised your eyebrow as his god complex speech yet again started. He noticed, and paused again.

"You're not a god if people have power over you,"
You replied, and you felt Masky's hand on your hand tense, "SlenderMan. And I think I do too. Don't you?"

"How would a human have power over me?" Masky sneered, then grabbed your face. You instantly whimpered in fear, "I think I have power over you too. I make you scared by just standing in front of you, don't I? Even though I saved you from falling, you still ran from me. Why is that?"

"If I don't have power over you, then why couldn't you kill me? Why did you bring me to Dr. Smiley? You could have just left me, but you didn't," your fear began dissolving as you saw the frustration in his body, "Why is that, Masky?"

"Why would I kill you when the game isn't finished?" He responded. You laughed, and the frustration turned to rage.

"That's not it, is it? You just can't bring yourself to do it," you moved Masky's hand from your face, which had begun gripping you angrily, "Thank you for stopping me from falling and walking me to my door."

You turned the knob, finding yourself correct in believing Masky had left it open. The door swung open, and as you went to walk in, Masky moved beside you and pinned you against the doorway.
Your gaze fell on him, seeing he had moved his mask to expose his mouth.
Before you could process anything, he bent his head and sighed against your neck, making you shiver and blush. Feeling a sharp, sucking pain on your neck, you realised he was biting you.

"H-Hey!"'you groaned as he continued aggressively, then grasped your face and lifted his.

"Stop fucking with me, Y/N. You know what you're fucking doing," he growled, and your face went red as you attempted to squirm away, "you're messing with the wrong person."

"And what the fuck is it that I'm doing?" You snapped, and Masky's grip tightened on your face as he hissed in air.

"Don't act fucking stupid," Masky stared at you, then slowly ran his thumb over and down your lips, letting out a deep sigh, "is this a trick you pull on people like me to have power? Are you power hungry or some shit?"

"What the fuck are you even talking about?!" You yelled in his face.

"Making me feel like this, it pisses me off when I see Toby around you all the time. I want to fucking get rid of you already but something keeps stopping me. What did you do to me, huh? Are you some kind of witch? Did you make a deal with Slenderman?" Masky demanded.

"You sound crazy." You spat back.

"That's because you made me crazy, you fucking bitch." Masky leaned in close, his lips brushing against your jaw as he tensed, "Let me have you."