Chapter 27

"BEN sighed, slowly turning his chair to face you again as he looked around the damp room, as if trying to find somewhere to start.
Out of every creepypasta you had encountered, he oddly seemed the most sane, the most human, if you looked past his strange appearance, room, powers... everything external, pretty much.

So, even through your uncertainty and fear, you felt a flicker of curiosity to hear what he was going to say. But you didn't expect what he was going to say, and a part of you wished you hadn't pressed for it."

-

"So... I'm not a, uh..." BEN began, then paused again, his eyebrows furrowing as he tried to find the words.

He had been trying to find them for about five minutes now, and your curiosity was growing painful as you waited for him to actually say something.

"You're saying a whole lot of nothing." You suddenly said, feeling your throat tighten almost like you were attempting to suck the words back into your mouth.

But instead of the violent reaction you were expecting, BEN only shot you a sour look, his face contorting into an irritated scowl.

"Shut up. I'm fucking trying, jesus..." BEN snapped back, rubbing his eyes with a small groan, smearing some blood around his face as he did.

It seemed like BEN didn't really talk to people much. Especially women. That went without saying, if you were being brutally honest.

"Alright, um..." BEN readjusted himself in his chair, his thumb pressing against his lips as he thought. Eventually, he cleared his throat and sat up straight, "I'm not exactly... human."

Despite the fear that Masky brought you still looming in the back of your mind like a tumour, you couldn't help but raise your eyebrows mockingly as BEN spoke.

'Go figure'

You thought sarcastically, and BEN grimaced at you again as he saw your facial expression, quickly diverting his gaze again as you made eye contact.
It was almost funny, the fact he was this awkward.

But despite your reaction, BEN continued.

Through his uncomfortable pauses as he tried to find wording, you were able to gather that he was human once, but hadn't lived as one for very long. He had been drowned at a young age, but he seemed to skim over the details in a way that made you not want to press the subject.
His spirit had latched onto the game cartridge for his favourite game at the time, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. Hence why he looked like Link from the franchise, just... a bit strange.

Once he had finished, an awkward silence fell between you again, BEN's gaze set on anything but you as you stared at him. You had a lot of questions.

'That felt more like a trauma dump than an explanation.'

You thought, but felt a pang of... sympathy for him. Looking down at the inch of water coating the floor, one question shone out from all of the ones rushing through your mind.

"So... why does your room fill with water, then? Surely that's..." you trailed off, your gaze flicking back up to BEN as he scoffed.

"Yeah, that's because He's a fucking psychopath," BEN muttered, his voice laced with venom as he spoke, "Trust me, this was not my choice. It's how He controls me."