Top Priority

After almost what felt like an hour of integration on all of use. We were free to go.

"I cant belive we actually all pointed at the same damn spot" I laughed.

"Neither can i" don laughed.

A pickup truck swerved and parked across from use.

We looked at each other and one by one got up.

"Floyd! dawson!, get your scrawny butts over here!" The coach yelled.

Pink let go of my hand and walked over there with don.

"Mornin coach" don said.

"So what the hell's goin on?" He said. "I'm getting wake up calls from the cops".

"Oh that's was nothin, they just left right now" don said.

"False alarm, coach" pink said.

"What the hell is the coach's problem, I mean goddamn give them a break" I whispered to shavonne as the coach kept talking to the boys.

"Hey coach conrad" slater waved. "Rember me second period, gym class". I laughed and looked back at shavonne.

"I dont know" shavonne whispered back. "Hes like obsessed with keeping them in line".

"God I just feel bad for them" I sighed.

"How can you pretend to talk that way, huh?" Pink raised his voice.

I looked back at pink and coach conrad.

"Okay, randy" coach conrad said.

Coach lowered his voice, I didnt really what he was saying. All I knew was that pink was hella annoyed.

That is until coach raised his voice.

"No ones paying you to think about it!" He said. "Just do it son!".

"You know coach" pink laughed. "I gotta get goin, me and my loser friends you know we gotta go get Aerosmith tickets." He said walking away. "Top priority of the summer".

Coach conrad looked away.

Pink walked back.

"Oh and coach- uh... I forgot" he got out his crumpled peice of paper. "I might play ball- but I will never sign that" he threw the paper inside coach's car.

Coach sighed and drove off.

Pink put his arm around me.

"Let's rock and roll" he said.

"Alright man. Livin" wooderson said. "Shit I'm getting my third wheel, let's get on the road".

"Shotgun!" Pink said to slater and stuck his tongue out.

"You guys not goin?" Pink asked don and shavonne.

"Pink can I use your keys?" Don said. Pink pulled out his keys and handed them to don.

"Its time to boogie on outta here" wooderson said.

"Hey" don said. "So that's that, huh?" Don said.

Pink patted his back. Don nodded.

"Bye jasmine" don winked.

"Bye" I smiled.

"Hey, girl call me okay, we can hang out" shavonne said.

"Okay, thanks" I laughed.

"I never get shotgun" slater said.

Pink walked away with me to the car.

"That felt good" he said.

"Well you did what you had to do pink" I said. "And you did the right thing" I looked up at him.

He looked down at me and smiled. He kissed my forhead. I smiled and chuckled.