Chapter 4 Fire wolf

I go in to the 7th floor, go to the door pick the phone up so they can buzz me in, after they let me in, I go to wash up then head to her room. When I get there I see doctor Levitt and the blond man that does not look quit human; it is the same man I saw at the Funeral.

I hesitate in the door way trying to listen to what they were saying but somehow he heard me and looked up and smiled.

"Come in we have been waiting for you." he walked towards me with his hand out.

"I am Dr Carlisle Cullen, a friend of your moms; I thought I would look in on your sister since I was in town." I shake his hand; it is cold and feels like marble yet soft. He is overly gentle like he fears hurting me. I let go of his hand and I go in the room and sit next to my sister.

"Doctor Levit is there something wrong?" I asked

"No not at all, Doctor Cullen was just giving me his opinion on Melinda's condition and we are lucky to have It." said Doctor Levit.

I looked between the two men standing in the room

"Didn't I see you at my mom and dad's funeral?" I said as I look at his eyes and wonder why they are a caramel, topaz color.

"Yes, like I said I was a friend of your moms, you met me when you were 12; do you remember?"

I looked back at my sister "Wasn't that during the forest fire?"

"Yes my wife, son and I found you after you had wondered off in the chaos." he said

"It's good to see you again." I looked Dr Cullen in the eyes, "So what's the verdict?"

He smiled and kept eye contact, "She is recovering well. Her scans all look normal today. If I were a betting man I would say she will be awake in a day or two."

He smiled and walked out the door with Dr Levit.

After they head out of the room I sat back down and held Melinda's hand. I started dozing as I was listing to her breathing. I was happy she should be waking up but sad that I would have to tell her the bad news. Her slow breathing and the beeping was peaceful.

I was standing in the forest, there was smoke and flames but the trees looked all wrong. Then the scene changed and I was in a tent and I yelled for my mom but my voice was drowned out by what sounded like a crying dog there was screaming and yelling. And again I was in a different place and I was running, then a man was holding me wrapped in a jacket.

I sat up with a start. I was breathing hard and forgot where I was momentarily. Dr Cullen was there talking to my aunt.

"Is she ok?" I ask panicked

"She is fine, she is still sleeping." said Doctor Cullen." He looked concerned, "Are you?"

"Yes, just a dream, thanks you doctor Cullen."

"Must have been some dream." Nanette said smiling.

I nodded and looked back at my sister. I didn't want to try to explain the crazy that was my head to anyone.

"Please call me Carlisle, we are family friends after all, and you are welcome." he still looked concerned as he left the room. We stayed for a couple more hours, I would have stayed all night but Nanette wanted me to eat and get some sleep.

I wasn't tiered after dinner so I went to my mom and dad's room with boxes and started to go through things. I started with their closet; it was easier than I thought it would be. After I was done there I moved on to the night stands. Dads was easy, there were a few things in it that I wanted to keep for me and Melinda. Moms had more stuff in it. I opened the second drawer and found her journal. I never knew she kept one. My heart was racing; I set it on her pillow as I finished sorting through things. Mom had all our baby teeth, hair from our first haircuts and our hospital out fits all in two little bags.

There was a light knock on the door.

"It is almost midnight, are you planning on going to bed? Asked Nanette

I looked up, "Ya as soon as I am done with mom's stuff."

"Ok, Henry and Sue are sleeping in the den down stairs, I am heading to bed, see you in the morning." The door softly closed.

It took me 15 minutes to finish sorting through stuff. I taped boxes closed and wrote 'keep' on the ones I wanted for my sister and I. I grabbed the book and headed to my room.

I crawled into bed and opened the journal. The first few pages were dates of mine and my sister's births first words ect. Then there was a longer entry, the date on it would have been when I was 8. I skimmed thought it; It said that the first time I used my power was during a nightmare; everything was floating around me and spinning in the air. There were a few more entries about my sister and I and plays we did, dance class. I came across one about the camping trip mom and I took when I was 12. The forest had caught fire. Carlisle had brought that up.

This entry I didn't skim.

I just got home with Arya form our covens camping trip, it was a disaster. There was a fire and Arya wandered off in the chaos, she ended up being found four miles away, naked, by of all things, vampires!! Where were her clothes? How did she get so far away in such a short amount of time? The fire didn't start from our camp fire and there was no lighting. Cassie is the only one of us who is a fire starter and she had to leave earlier in the day due to a family emergency. All hell had broken lose while we all tried to get our kids together to leave. It was hot and the flames were close, tents were burning and in the middle of it all was a white wolf snarling at people. I had to leave without my daughter. The vampires caught up with us and retuned her to me.

Arya told Dr Cullen, the vampire, that she dreamed of fire and she woke up in fire and that she ran really fast to get away because no one was listening to her. My daughter may be more then I was expecting. I will have to test this theory when she gets older and I may have to call Harry. He told me about his family heritage that weekend we were together...Could she be? I was hoping to not involve him. As for these vampires, somehow they are 'good' vampires and they don't drink human blood. I am shocked.

I lay back in my bed trying to decipher what my mom didn't say. I fell asleep in the middle of my thoughts.

I was at the camping trip with mom and the others.

"I want to watch what you are doing, I have to learn someday."

She smiled "I said no and to go to bed with the other kids this is adult time."

"Fine," I said as I stomped to the tent It didn't take me long to fall asleep. I was having a nightmare of fire, everything I touched caught on fire. I woke up to people screaming. I look out of the tent and see fire everywhere; just like my dream. I started shaking and everything looked upside-down. I yelled for my mom but my voice was drowned out by what sounded like a hurt dog. I start running; everything looked funny like I am not as tall as I was. The forest is coming at me from a different angle. Then it hits me, I am running on all fours. I come to a river, I have no wear else to go. I look into the water, It is a white wolf that is looking back. I fall down crying and everything goes black. I wake to a very cute guy with a southern ascent and a women warping me in a jacket, I hear a voice I now recognize as a cold hand touches my wrist.

"She is in shock."

"She probably one of campers." said a soft female voice

There was a chuckle, "You mean one of the witches."

Carlisle cleared his throat "We all have a place in this world," Almost scolding the other man like a child.

I woke up screaming and shaking. Nanette, Sue and Harry came running into my room. I was shaking so violently I could not see straight. Nanette sat next to me on the bed and Sue knelt down on the floor in front of me. She grabbed my water and held it to my lips and poured some of it into my mouth, I knew I needed to drink to make sure nothing caught on fire. I knew I was the reason for the fire in the forest. As my shaking slowed, I caught Sue giving Harry a wide eyed look. I was still angry, angry with my mom, with Harry, with Sue. My head snapped up and I yelled at Harry,

"What the F*ck am I?"