Chapter 13 My Normal Life

I was distracted by my semi-normal life of shopping, horseback riding, friends and food. I was happy with how my powers had changed and I was no longer tasting feelings and hearing others thoughts unless I really wanted to. I no longer made things move by accident unless highly emotional and that didn't happen as often with all my meditation and practice I had been doing. I was surprised by a rather large envelope waiting for me when we came back from the beach. I opened it,

"Melinda look, Edward and Bella are getting married."

"We need to find some really cute dresses" she said "I want to look good for Seth."

I rolled my eyes and she slapped my arm.

"Aunt Nanette!"

I hollered; she walked into the living room. I handed her the invitation.

"Oh, this will be fun; we will go dress shopping in a couple of hours; let me book the flights."

"No need, Alice sent tickets with the invitations; apparently we leave the 12th of August." I handed her the rest of the contents of the envelope.

"What about the full moon ritual." Nanette asked.

"That's the 9th we are all good" replied Melinda. "How is the spell going?" Melinda said

"I have some of it, just working on wording; I want it to be more of blessing then a spell casting. How are things with Dr. Harding going?"

"I am close to being done; I have isolated the gene from the boys and the one from you and Leah. I also know what causes us to have powers and others not. I am assuming that it is the same in the vampires because I cannot look at their genes because its venom. I will have all my research completes before we leave."

"Sounds like a load of fun." She shoved me then I pushed her back without touching her.

"You are getting good with that."

I smiled at her and walked up stairs to change from my riding cloths.

We headed out to dress shop in Cape Coral. I hate dresses but knew if I showed up in jeans Alice would redress me and I would die in whatever she put me in. Her and my sense of fashion didn't really mix. My phone rang as we were pulling out of the driveway.

"Yes Miss Alice." I said while rolling my eyes.

Melinda started laughing and said, "I didn't need a gift of the future to know she was going to call."

"Tell her I heard that." Said Alice

"Alice says she loves you too Melinda; what can I do for you Alice?"

"I know you will choose wisely but I think the black and red one looks the best on you. Melinda has the right ideas already and so does Nanette. You are the only one I am worried about."

"Thanks for the vote of confidence; I wasn't planning on showing up in a potatoes sack."

"If I had seen that I would have sent you a dress. Do not be difficult, Bella is bad enough."

"I miss you too Alice, See you in a couple of weeks;" and hung up.

We went to three different shops to get what we needed. I avoided everything black and red. I got a long sleeve dark blue lace number that went just above my knees; it had a silver slip. I got silver heels and Nanette found me silver earrings and matching choker necklace that was a chain of tiny wolves and moons, the moons were opals. Melinda got a mid-length black and white dress with spaghetti straps and a v-neck with black heels and a white gold necklace and earrings with star garnets. Aunt Nanette chose a light lavender and white chiffon dress with 4 inch sleeves and white heels. She got a white pearl necklace and earrings.

Melinda spent most of her time in the lab, in truth I did not know what she was doing and why she wanted to find the genes so bad. I figured if it was something she shouldn't do then Alice would stop her. So I didn't bother her and I did my own thing. I meditated and practiced my powers so I could control them better, I still hadn't changed into a wolf and part of me did not want to and the other part of me wanted to run and not stop. I knew I would have to find balance in that as well.

I woke up to a bright hot morning already humid, the one thing I would not miss about Florida. I needed to find property in the forks area and have a barn, I wanted horses. I grabbed my laptop and headed down stairs. I would look while I ate. I checked my email first; there was one from Jade;

You haven't sent me a list of needs for the August ritual. We have three days, please get them to me. I hope you are enjoying Florida, haven't seen you since the July full moon ritual. If you want to hangout some time let me know. Jade

I looked at the date and freaked out, I wasn't done with the ritual pray spell and I had 3 days. Guess I am not riding today. I grabbed a bowl of cereal and headed to my room. I took out all the books I had bought and put them on my bed. I highlighted parts of spells and rituals I liked and took notes. I was planning the layout when I giggled. Melinda walked in holding a tray full of meats, cheeses and fruit.

"What is so funny?" she said as she moved some books and set it down next to me.

"I was thinking about everyone's reaction would be if I got so nervous that I changed in front of everyone."

"That would be funny. But I don't think you need to worry about that. You will rock this."

"I wish I had your confidence in me." I smiled at my sister as I popped a piece of cheese in my mouth. Why did you bring me this anyway?"

Melinda looked at me weird, "You have been in here all day, its 9 pm."

I had been at this for twelve hours and I was only partly done. I emailed Jade back and told him what we would be needed and to have the covens pick the other 3 people and have them at my house on the 9th by 8 pm. I set aside my work and grabbed the TV remote. Melinda and I watched Charmed as we ate.