Chapter 22 Getting used to different

I woke to a quiet house, the only noise was someone it the kitchen. It was Rachel, she was nerves and excited as she was thinking of her child. She hadn't been able to phase in 6 days. She never thought it was a baby, she thought it was the shot and all the different changes. Considering she had only been a wolf for a short time.

I grabbed my phone and text Carlisle; asked him to come by when he was done on the rez. I showered and went downstairs. She could hear me and had food ready for me. She didn't know how to start the conversation. So I made it easy for her.

"Rachel, I have Carlisle coming over after he is done with Emily. I will have Dean or Sam get Paul back here so he can be here for this. I have just one personal question." But before I could ask she said...

"I was human when we had sex but I phased right after and ran his patrol with him for the next 10 hrs. I was tired more than normal and he was teasing me about it. I was sick to my stomach so I phased back and walked back home. I told him I was fine and to continue his patrol. I didn't want him getting in trouble with Sam over me. Sam already hated us for taking the shot."

"How long was it between intercourse, and felling ill?" I asked

"About 8 hrs, I tried to work thought it but gave up around the 10 hrs mark. Is that important?"

"I don't know, but it might give us a clue on how far into conception it is when you can no longer phase. Emily was sick to her stomach when they laid down to sleep as wolves. She woke up as a human. How long was it when you realized you could not phase?"

"That night, I was feeling better and wanted to go for a run. I could fill the heat but it fizzled and all I got was exhaustion"

I put the time line table down on paper.

6 days since last phase, and about 6 days and 20 hrs since intercourse. She was watching me write.

"Does that sound about right?"

"Yes it does"

"You were sick to stomach for about 4 hrs?"

She nodded

"You had sex in human form. Phased into wolf, ran for 10 hrs. Felt sick about 8 hrs in changed back to human when you got back to the rez and walked home to your dads. Was sick for about 4 hrs and could no longer phase. In about 14 ish hrs, you had intercourse as a human, conceived as a wolf had morning sickness and recovered. It now has been 6 days the question is how far along are you?" I looked at her she looked puzzled.

"The farther along you are will tell us how long your pregnancy will be. If you are having a wolf pregnancy then you will have 2 weeks left if it's a human pregnancy then you will have 5 ish weeks." My phone buzzed.

"Carlisle is on his way." Then the phone rang, "Its Emily." I answer and put it on speaker.

"Hi, how are you?"

"I am good; I wanted to let you know we are having 1 girl and 2 boys."

"Congratulations! Let me know what I can do."

"Right now all I want is to come over tomorrow and see ever one, I miss you all."

"How about we have a baby shower, I am sure Sue would love to be invited."

"You don't have to, but that will be nice."

"Can you have Sam send Paul over here?"

I text Sue as soon as we hung up;

"Sue, I have a lot to talk to you about could you send Billy and Charlie to please come over tonight around 7pm?"

"I can do that, see you tonight."