Chapter 24 Predictions can be wrong

Most of the tribe was there, men and women, all 3 packs were there. The food was a hit and there wasn't much left. We sat down to open gifts, this took 2 hours. There were car seats, cloths, toys, basinets, cribs, homemade blankets, diapers, wipes and more.

"I think we are finally done." Rachel said.

"Sam I think our kids are getting to be spoiled before they are even born." Emily said

"Yes they are, expressly by their aunt." He said as he looked at me

"You do know I'm not their aunt."

"Not yet, but soon." Dean said looking at Sam and winked

"Well there is one more gift for each of you." I said as I handed them each a small box; Ignoring Dean

Emily and Rachel both looked confused.

"This is from Malinda, Nannette and I." I smiled

"It is something you will need." Nannette said from the couch.

They both opened their box and pulled out car keys.

"We cannot accept this." Sam said

"Hell yah you can," Jacob said "She is family, part of this tribe and we take care of our own." All the boys erupted in yells.

Rachel and Paul look shocked, "Thank you." they said and both stood to give us hugs.

"Wow" said Charlie, "You guys can toss a car my way anytime." Everyone laughed Charlie stood up, "Well I think Billy and I are going to leave, we have a game to watch." Jacob got up and helped get his dad out to the cruiser.

It didn't take long for the others to leave. Some took food and others desserts. I looked around all 3 packs were still there, talking and eating; I started on the clean up.

"You could call for reinforcements." Jacob said

"Why when you are all here." I said

"She is right, get up and get cleaning." Sam ordered

The house was clean in less than 2 hours. I kept looking at Emily while we cleaned; the flavors of her feelings were hitting me, then it dawned on me they could be the babies feelings also. She had curled up in the overstuffed bean bag chair to sleep. The power went out and I went and got flash lights and light candles, the house looked cool in the dark. Malinda and Seth went up to her room; Nanette had gone to soak in a bath, I took her candles and a flash light. When I got back downstairs Leah and Jacob had left to go home before spending time with the twins. As the rest of boys left to run patrol, Emily sat up;

"I need to use the bathroom." Sam and I were right at her side

We helped her up I took her into the bathroom left a flash light and gave her some privacy. I stood outside the door with Sam. The door opened, "I feel better.." There was a splash on the floor. I looked at her, then Sam; "Her water broke."

He scooped her up, "Where do we go?"

"The big spare room upstairs," I lead the way, we were all moving faster than normal speed. He laid her on the bed, "Sit behind her and help her breath and relax."

I was lighting candles and set out as many flash lights as I could to make the room bright.

"Malinda, grab the bag and more lights now!" She was there with Seth in a few seconds.

"I have tried all their cell phones no one is answering." Malinda said

"The storm could be interfering with service; I will go out and find them." Seth was gone before anyone could reply. Nanette stepped into the room in her pajamas.

"Malinda hold a light here, Nanette get blankets from the bag and set them here." I grabbed the bed pads and put them under Emily. I helped her take off her clothes and got her comfortable with Sam's help. I put on gloves and motioned for Malinda to move closer.

"I need to check how far you are dilated; Carlisle showed me how to do this." She nodded and was breathing heavy as her next contraction came.

"Did he tell you if all the babies were head down?" I asked as I checked her

"Yes they are." Sam said.

I must not have had an inside face on because Sam looked at me weird.

"What is it?"

"We have a head, you are 10 cm; on the next contraction push."

Emily nodded and pushed, she screamed as she did,

"I looked at her, one more and this one will be out."

She closed her eyes and on the next contraction, she pushed. Sam Was sitting behind her holding her up and whispering in her ear.

She pushed, I grabbed a blanket and caught him; I tipped him upside down and cleaned his nose and mouth with the bulb syringe. Sam moved out from behind Emily,

"It's a boy; Daddy would you like to cut the cord?" He nodded and cut between the clamps I had put in place. I wrapped him up and handed him to mom. She got to hold him for less them a minute when the next contraction hit, she pushed as Nanette took the baby and the second little one made her appearance. Her cry joined her brothers as we heard running and the front door open. Carlisle was there at my elbow and Alice was right behind him.

He gently took the baby, cleaned her airway and handed her to her mom.

"What times were the babies born? Malinda was the one to answer.

"The boy was born at 8:42 pm and the girl 2 min later at 8:44pm." Sam took his daughter, as Emily bore down again, this time it was one push and her second son made his appearance. He cleaned the airway and Sam cut a third cord. Carlisle got Emily cleaned up, propped up, with new pads under her in no time. Alice had a scale and tape measure ready. Carlisle weighed and measured the babies gently and quickly.

"He turned, baby boy A weighs 6 lb 12.4oz and is 18 in long, Baby girl weighs 7lb 6oz is 19.5 in long and baby boy B weighs 6lb 9 oz and is 19 in long. Congrats." He turned and looked at me,

"Job well done," I smiled and nodded

Alice and Nanette had cleaned the babies and put diapers on them. They were swaddled and given back to their parents, Emily was tired but happy; she held her two sons as daddy awkwardly cradled his daughter.

"She is warmer than her brothers." Sam said

"Yes, she is" Carlisle replied "We will understand more as she gets older, but I think she is closer to EJ or Renesmee' in genetics."

Sam looked at his baby girl, "You are going to change everything in our tribe, little one."

"We will leave and give you privacy, if you need anything just holler we will be down stairs."

Seth brought in a changing table, more diapers, wipes; Malinda followed with cloths and blankets with the handmade bassinet that had been designed for triplets. She hung a dream catcher from the edge and left the room.

All three packs were in the living room waiting. They could hear everything and knew the babies were ok. Seth had taken pictures of the babies with his phone and was showing everyone.

Carlisle looked around; "I will be in the library." I nodded and joined the others on the couch as the power came back on, we settled in to watch a movie.