Chapter 18: Recovery

Harry's POV

Everyday had its challenges, but honestly, with now knowing why everything unraveled, things have been easier. Eating food had become more smooth. Feeling loved came naturally again.

Louis was there but there was a melancholy vibe to him now. Anything I would ask him he would go do it like his life depended on it as if he was making up for not being there for me before. It's absolutely insane how this all came to be, but I was glad to have Louis beside me. My whole family had banded together to be my support system, and I couldn't be anymore grateful.

They have come to just be there for me, and to help me around. Louis didn't leave my side for two months, but his dad was struggling with work so he helped his dad remotely at our flat. It would of bugged me, but Liam had become such a close friend. We were friends before, but now he was one of my closest confidants. Somedays I just don't like talking, but everyone seems to get freaked out every time I'm quiet, but sometimes I wanna be alone in my thoughts and Liam accepted it. What I thought about wasn't about how worthless I was, but more about what I wanted in life. What I hope to be and accomplish.

As much as I want to go back to college, I knew it was impossible until Diana was caught. It angered me sometimes and often I'd stew on it while watching movies and shows with Liam. He let me be quiet, but somehow he knew that his presence was comforting.

Louis and I had moved onto many different shows now, which had been fun to get back into. Since getting pregnant and being a parent, I hadn't had a lot of chilling time. At 19, I've had a lot put onto me at such a young age. I mean, I was ready for it, I'd die for both Louis or Matty in a heart beat because they are my world.

Speaking of my world, my fucking arm was useless. I didn't have too many sensations which didn't bode well. I hated it. I couldn't do anything without someone's help! I felt like an old person, and I hated it. It seemed like they didn't feel it was a burden, but... I can't help but feel it.

My surgery was dependent on my mental health, which increased quickly because of the support and because at the end of the day, it was a miscommunication, and it was indirectly Diana's fault. It was up to Louis to approve my surgery and as it has been two months, I am hoping for his approval. As I was under Louis's family plan, as I was his omega, I needed approval.

He was hesitant and I could see fear in his eyes, but anytime I brought it up he would change the subject. I was scared too, what if the surgery failed? Although I can't think like that. I had to be strong for Matty, just as much as I needed to be for Louis.

Louis had been in a video appointment for 2 hours and was about to be finished and I was going to tell him I was ready for the surgery. I was dying to get it over with and just wanted to know where I stood with my hand function. My anxiety has had enough with the fear of not knowing. If I knew, I would try to proceed to live life as best I can. Louis and I would be just fine... Wow, I can't believe I could say that. With all the turmoil, I could still feel true love with Louis, true trust.

Liam had left after we watched the anime, and it had been an hour of me scrolling on my phone when I see my handsome bf coming from our room.

"Hey babe, Liam left?", he asked, then said, "Wanna go play a board game?", he asked with a tired expression. I just shook my head no, and patted beside me with my functioning hand, "We need to talk.", I say just loud enough to hear. Sensing a shift in the atmosphere, he gently sat down and held my hands. We were both on the edge of the couch and I laid my head on his shoulder.

"Louis, I want to get my surgery. I just want to get it over with. Please?", I asked and then kissed his neck gingerly waiting on his answer.

"Are you sure?" He asked and brought me into a hug. I nodded while he exhaled. "What if-," he started but I cut him off, "if my hand has lost function or the surgery doesn't help much, then at least I know and can start to learn how to function without it. Everyone has done everything for me and I will have to learn how to live without my hand now."