Chapter 14: Green Eyes

Harry's POV:

Beep beep beep, that sound was like a lullaby to me now. Was I dead?

I felt really comfortable like I was wrapped up in a cloud. I felt light as air and felt happy for a second until..:.

It was disgusting. The smell was repulsive. It was him.

The omega I've always smelled on Louis. The one who took my alpha away.

My heart started pounding fast.

"His hearts racing", I heard an unrecognizable voice, but soon the scent disappeared and I calmed.

As I drift into deeper sleep, I think I hear my alpha's voice. It was such a warm beautiful voice.

So calming.

Louis's POV

As we understood where Harry was at physically with his health, I was wanting and encouraged by the care team to help with his care. It was hard on alphas when they couldn't fix the problem, but helping their omega made them feel sated, which is how I felt when I took care of Harry.

The nurse would come, and I'd ask to help in every way. Sometimes I was moving him to different positions so he wouldn't get bed sores, to cleaning his wounds every few hours, and basically was doing everything for my little man. Matty would come every now and then, and he would just cuddle up right on Harry's chest and fall right to sleep.

That was something else that added to his care plan was some boosting meds for Harry's milk supply. It was usually frowned upon it, but Harry's case was definitely more rare. The doctor also recommended these drugs so he prescribed him that. In a day his supply of milk was up and a machine was given every couple of hours to mimic a baby feeding schedule. The machine had a sticky adhesive and sucked the milk that would be piling up.

He only made a little, but it was much better than nothing, but the doctor said if he doesn't wake up soon or if Harry doesn't or refused to eat, he would take off this treatment.

It was the 4th day and I was just reading a book when to my surprise, my dad came in.

He looked healthy, but had a look on his face that was a mixture of upset, mad, and sad.

I ran to my dad as if a toddler, and he wrapped his strong arms around me and his hand cradled my head.

"I'm so proud of you.", he whispers into my ears. We were silent, and finally let go of each other. Our attention went to Harry and we walked up to the bed and looked at him resting, still passed out. He had to have a lot of transfusions during his surgery that saved his life and slowly his body's levels was improving daily.

My dad and I talked for hours about everything and it was reassuring that he thought I did right and that I made the right decisions. It was close to diner time so my dad decided to bow out, and said he would call for food to be delivered. I thanked him, and walked him out of the room where the guards escort him to his car.

While reading my book, I thought I heard a whisper, but phantom sounds happened a lot, especially with all the medical equipment.

As I turned to look at Harry in the bed, I saw his two beautiful eyes barely opened, yet opened enough to know he was awake. In a second I was right beside my mate, sitting on his bed and holding his left hand in mine. "Harry? It's me, Harry." I was lost for words. I was ecstatic he was awake, but at the same time I was worried about the possibility of brain damage and the fact that I wanted to tell him all of the secrets, but I knew that would be overwhelming right now.