Chapter 4

"Welcome! Welcome!" Osra Tingly says the same way I remember Effie saying. "Welcome to the 76th Hunger Games reaping! As usual ladies first!" She continues. As Osra is about to put her hand into the bowl of names I remember the day I volunteered for Prim and I can feel tears running down my face. Peeta notices me crying. "You alright?" He asks. I nod. Osra pulls out a name and opens it up. Peeta and I look straight ahead knowing  it's going to be me. "Willow Mellark!" Osra says. Peeta and I look at eachother, worried and surprised. Willow makes her way up to the stage, hardly knowing what is ahead of her. She doesn't seem to look scared. Which I think is good.

Osra makes her way to the bowl filled with boys names, it's obviously not going to be Peeta, she sticks her hand in and pulls out a name, she opens the paper up and reads out the name, "Kolton Hep!" She announces. Kolton makes his way up to the stage, I've seen him before, I know he's thirteen like Willow is. Two thirteen year olds are District 12s tributes. I guess there's a first for everything.

Willow and Kolton are led into the Justice Building. Peeta, Rye and I make our way in to say our goodbyes. The peacekeepers say we can have ten minutes to say our final goodbyes, nice to know they believe District 12 can win. Not. When we walk into the room Willow is in she is sitting on the couch her back towards us. Peeta let's me enter first. I start to walk toward Willow, but I stop in my tracks as I hear Willow sniffling. She must me crying, I think to myself. I turn around to look at Peeta, he is holding Rye in his arms. Peeta gives me a worried look and motions for me to go talk to her. I turn back around and walk over to my daughter, I sit beside her on the couch and place me ha d on her knee. She looks up at me, tears are staining her cheeks. I've never seen her cry this much. I hug her tight, like Peeta does when I wake up from a nightmare. She hugs me back. Peeta comes over and places Rye on a empty chair across from the couch, then sits on the other side of Willow and hugs her. She calms down after a few seconds a and Peeta comes out of the hug. Willow looks up at me with her watery eyes and says "Mom, I'm scared". It breaks my heart to see her like this. She is in the position Peeta and I were in all those years ago. "I know who are sweetie. I'm sorry you have to go through this. I'm sorry we never told you a lot about the Games-" She stops me. "You don't need to be sorry for that" She says," I've learned about the Games in school-" That's when the peacekeeper comes in to tell us our theme is up. He starts leading all for of us to the me he car, to bring Willow to the train station. This didn't happen for Peeta and I, that's when I realized why this is happening. I stop in my tracks,  and sit on the ground, I place my head between my knees and start to cry. Peeta looks behind him and sees me, he comes running over to me, Rye and Willow following. That peacekeeper, that horrible peacekeeper, just stands where we left him. Before Peeta can say anything Rye speaks, "Momma, what's wrong?" He ask, I don't answer, I just sit there crying and mumbling "I can't do this, I can't do this".

Willow sits beside me, "Mom, please tell us what's wrong." I still don't answer. Peeta lifts me up of the ground so I'm standing, but I just fall into his arms. He holds me up, and hugs me,"Katniss, you need to tell me what's wrong" He whispers to me with a worried tone to his voice. "Peeta, we're mentors now" I say quietly.

So sorry for not updating for a while, I've been busy. Hope you have been enjoying this so far. You guys are lucky I'm in a writing g mood cause I may update again tonight. Idk. Anyway. Bye! Please vote and comment.
YOU HAPPY NOW DEVYN!?