Chapter 16

*Willow POV*

*Interviews*

I wait for my turn to be interviewed. Tatiana dressed me in a simple red dress. When I hear my name I walk out onto the stage. I sit in the seat beside Caesar, I am looking around the crowd to find my mom, but I don't see her.
"Hello Willow!" Caesar says enthusiastically. "You look gorgeous!"
"Thank you" I say.
"Now Willow, we are very devastated to hear about your father's passing. But we understand that he was very ill for some time. He's in a better place now" He tells me while placing his hand on my leg. I can feel the anger building up inside of me. "So that's what you've been told?" I snap at him. "That my dad was ill?" Caesar nods. "Who told you that lie?" I ask him angrily.
"Haymitch Abernathy" He tells me. He's dead though. That's what we learned in school. I looks out in the crowd to find my mom again. I still can't find her, then she comes out from the side of the stage, rage across her face. "HAYMITCH TOLD YOU THAT?!" She yells at Caesar. He nods. "Well, he lied to you. Peeta wasn't ill at all! H-Haymitch k-killed him....." She says crumbling to the ground sobbing. I run towards her. I put my arms around her to comfort her, then someone helps us up and escorts us back to our living quarters.

Sorry for the short chapter. I just needed to post something while I was feeling somewhat decent. Hope you enjoyed! Vote and comment