7 - Nervous Tick

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Kaede Akamatsu

Everybody was all gathered together in the cafeteria, all collectively watching Byakuya get absolutely destroyed in Uno.

"There!" Byakuya slammed down a draw four card. "Draw four, you ignoramus."

His opponent, Nagito, tilted his head and gave a small grin. This was the third rematch they'd played in the last hour, and Nagito was down to only one card left.

"Aw, that's too bad. This round was just getting started!" Nagito flicked his card onto the pile- a draw two.

Byakuya shouted out in anguish, then immediately returned to his seat, a fire filling his eyes.

"Rematch. Winner take all. What do you say?"

"Ooh, goody, I'd love to play another round!" Nagito smiled. "Though, I warn you, my ultimate luck has been treating me pretty well so far..."

"Luck isn't real." Byakuya glared. "It's just a concept used to quantify successful people."

"Aw, Byakuya, you think I'm successful?" 

"Shut up. I'll shuffle the cards."

Byakuya shuffled the cards for a solid five minutes, careful to ensure that there was no way Nagito's "luck" could influence the game. When he was done, he passed out both of their decks. Nagito took one look at his deck, then locked eyes with Byakuya.

"You don't wanna play this round."

"What!? Why not?"

Nagito turned his hand around, revealing his deck.

Wow.

"That's it, I'm done!" Byakuya stormed out of the cafeteria.

The crowd began to disperse when Byakuya left. Nagito just shrugged and walked off with everyone else. I felt kind of bad for Byakuya. I mean, even though he's a jerk, he's still important to this whole endeavor. I began to wheel my way after him when a voice rang out from behind me.

"Don't."

I turned, and there stood a purple-haired girl, waiting behind me.