14 - Welcome to Dangan Heights

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Kaede Akamatsu

Boy, time flies when you're building a town, doesn't it? Construction had gone just about as smoothly as anyone could've hoped for. After telling all us "city council" members, Makoto pitched the idea of Dangan Heights to everyone else still in the bunker. Not a single one turned it down. Hajime even called up a whole bunch of his ex-Remnant buddies, and even they were on board! It took me a while to get used them all, but I think I've got their names down by now.

Being in charge of infrastructure, Hajime drew up blueprints for what the town should look like. The results were... interesting, to say the least. Luckily, I was working with Kyoko at the time he showed her his creation, so I got to see it all unfold.

~~~~~

"What is this? What are you showing me?" Kyoko gave Hajime a baffled look

"It's the town, see?" He pointed to the scribbles on the top left corner. "Dangan Heights!"

"You..." Kyoko pinched her fingers between the bridge of her nose. "You ended up going a little outside of the box there."

"Thanks!" Hajime smiled, completely misunderstanding her point. "I like to think of myself as a bit of a creative type."

"Uh huh..." Kyoko sighed.

Hajime smiled and left, leaving his writing still on Kyoko's desk. Almost immediately after he left, Kyoko turned to me.

"Kaede, could you help me clean this up?"

"On it!" I nodded and rushed over to her aid.

~~~~~

And so Kyoko and I fixed up a new set of blueprints. To give Hajime some credit though, his base was really helpful, as sloppy as it may have seemed. 

Even though Byakuya was able to use his family fortune to buy us materials, all of us soon to be "Dangan Heightsers" were still responsible for building everything. Of course, there were still a lot of us who were still too damaged from the killing game to do anything. Luckily for me, after a few weeks of construction, I had completely healed up and got to ditch my crutches and the neck brace! And all the scars on my neck had faded, so there were no more traces of that whole ordeal.

Keebo proved to be invaluable during construction. Because he's a robot, he could lift heavy stuff even Nekomaru might've struggled with! And that was pretty funny because Nekomaru told me that he used to be a robot too, but apparently that was all fake or something. Hajime had some weird friends.