12 - Time to Go Home

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Makoto Naegi

Byakuya slammed a newspaper down on my desk and suddenly, I jolted to attention.

"Wait, really?" I looked back at Byakuya in surprise.

"Keep reading." Byakuya smirked.

It was at that moment that a certain line caught my attention-

"All sets and property owned by the newly bankrupt company have been bought out by the Togami Corp." 

I turned back to Byakuya, my mouth agape. He lowered his eyes, a sly smile plastered on his face.

"You're welcome."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Kaede Akamatsu

This morning, I woke up to the sound of someone knocking at my door.

"Key Kaede!" Hina's voice rang out from the other side of the door. "Makoto wants us to all be in the cafeteria for an announcement thingy!"

"Yeah, sure, I'll be there in a second!"

As I heard footsteps slowly head away from my door, I rolled out of bed and grabbed my crutches. It had been a while, and my legs had gotten a little better, so I got to ditch my old wheelchair. My body was still all shaky, but hey, at least I wasn't Kirumi- she was still stuck in a full body cast.

After getting dressed and ready, I left my room, running into Gonta in the hallway. He was still recovering, his face almost completely covered in bandages.

"Hey Gonta!" I greeted him. "How's the face?"

"Oh, very good!" Gonta's eyes lit up. "Nice nurse lady tell Gonta that bandages only have to stay on for one more week! How are Kaede's hands?"

"Still a little trembly, but they're getting better!" I smiled. "I'm telling you, as soon as I get all better, I'm gonna play the best piano piece for you guys."

"Ooh, Gonta would like that very much!"

When I made it to the cafeteria, I took a seat next to Rantaro. The two of us had been hanging out a lot, probably because we were the first two to be rescued. I looked around the cafeteria, catching little vignettes of how everyone else was spending their time. Keebo was discussing something with Himiko. Miu was tightening up screws on some mechanical box contraption. Hajime was trying to teach Chiaki how to eat a sandwich. I guess she still wasn't used to her new body. Then, something caught my eye- Maki was talking with Kaito and Shuichi. And she was smiling.