Dangan Halloween - Rantaro's Haunted Mansion

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Kaede Akamatsu

"Rantaro, are you sure this is a good idea?" 

Rantaro had recently discovered that when his rich, eccentric uncle died, Rantaro was the one who ended up inheriting his estate. His uncle had died a while ago, but he didn't find out until now because of all the "Danganronpa V3" hijinks we were involved with. But, since he found out, he decided to invite a few of us to check out the property with him. So Chiaki, Shuichi, Rantaro and I all trudged through a dense forest in the dead of night, on the trail to Rantaro's undoubtedly creepy new mansion. 

"Sure it is!" Rantaro smiled, waving a lantern around. "Sure, I never knew him all that well, but this is my uncle we're talking about! He's family!"

"Yeah, but couldn't we do this some other time?" I asked. "Like, when it's not so dark outside?"

"I think it adds to the aesthetic." Chiaki chimed in.

"I- I'm with Kaede on this one." Shuichi added, trembling. "This all seems super suspicious."

"Oh, come on!" Rantaro grinned. "You guys aren't scared, are you?"

Shuichi and I locked eyes for a moment. We both knew we were terrified, but neither of us wanted to admit it. Luckily, we didn't have to, as Rantaro finally stumbled upon the mansion's gate.

"Lookie here!" Rantaro rattled the gate open. "This must be the spot!"

With the gate now open, we all took a moment to gaze in awe over the scale of the mansion. It was as huge as it was decrepit, the wood rotting and the glass on the windows browned and broken. It was as if the whole building was screaming "Don't go in here!"

"Let's go in there!" Rantaro grinned.

And with that, he lead the rest of us through the creaking doors of the manor. Lit by the light of Rantaro's lantern, the four of us gathered in the foyer.

"See, it's not so bad." Rantaro smirked.

"Is there a light switch somewhere?" Shuichi asked, looking around.

Suddenly, a familiar voice chimed in.

"I'll handle that."

The doors behind us suddenly slammed shut, and the foyer's chandelier lit up with a dim orange glow. Petrified, I jumped back.

"Ch-Chiaki? Please tell me that was you."

"Nope." Chiaki replied, completely unfazed.

At that moment, a strange figure suddenly appeared before us, bathed in a blue-green glow.