9 - End of an Era

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shuichi Saihara

My name is Shuichi Saihara, and I had just escaped the killing game.

After what seemed like an eternity of being trapped and forced to kill each other for some twisted entertainment program, I finally managed to escape, along with my friends, Maki Harukawa and Himiko Yumeno. 

So, the three of us all stood there, gazing into the outside world through the crater that Keebo opened for us. This was it. We were finally free. We all joined hands and slowly began to walk out together. 

And then I blacked out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Makoto Naegi

"Hina! What are you doing!?"

Tsumugi was dead, the killing game was over, and Hina, Kyoko, and I were all lying in wait, ready to bring the last three survivors to our bunker. Things hadn't been going so great recently, but this seemed like an easy enough operation. After all, there were only three of them, and they were standing right in front of us!

But then Hina chloroformed them.

While the three of them all stood staring into the outside world, hand in hand, Hina snuck behind them, and in one quick motion, pulled them all together and forced a cloth onto their face.

"Hina! What the hell!?" Even Kyoko was shocked.

"Sorry, sorry!" Hina seemed frantic. "I just figured this would be easier!"

"Easier than just talking to them!?" I waved my hands in the air.

"Well, I don't know!" Hina was yelling now. "They're probably really scared and that one girl is an assassin, so I definitely don't wanna try anything with her!"

"Why do you even have that!?" Kyoko shouted.

"Byakuya had me carry some around in case something like this happened!" Hina shouted back.

"Why on earth did you listen to Byakuya!?" I began frantically gesturing around.

Quickly I looked over to the survivors. The guy and the assassin girl were both lying on the floor, out cold. Hina was still holding up the shorter girl, with her arm wrapped around her neck.

"Look, whatever!" Hina shouted. "Just help me bring them back to the base!"

Kyoko and I looked at each other, shrugged, then both went to go help carry the survivors back to our bunker.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shuichi Saihara