17 - The Intern

~~~ Many years ago... ~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Tsumugi Shirogane

Today was a big day for me. After what felt like months of waiting, I finally got a letter back from Team Danganronpa! A while back, I had applied for an internship there, and now as I saw the letter sitting in my mailbox, my mind began to fill with possibilities.

Grabbing it, I quickly rushed upstairs to the door of my apartment. Still frantic, I fumbled to grab my keys, practically dropping them when I went to swing the door open.

"Oh Keebo!" I called out as I walked in. "Guess what?"

"Hm..." A pleasant voice rang out as a laptop on a nearby table whirred to life. "Did you finally start making me that body you promised you would?"

"No, but I'll do that soon!"

Keebo was a little passion project of mine I thought I'd work up while I was in-between jobs

Keebo was a little passion project of mine I thought I'd work up while I was in-between jobs. I didn't have too many friends in my day-to-day life, so I thought I could make one myself. Since then, Keebo's been a great helper and a great friend.

"Oh?" He glanced at me quizzically "What is it then?"

"Look what I got!" I beamed as I held up the letter.

"Ooh, Team Danganronpa! What does it say?"

I hastily opened the letter and began to read it out loud. 

"Dear Ms. Shirogane, we are pleased to announce that we have accepted your internship application- Keebo!" I shouted as I looked his way. "I did it! They accepted me!"

"That's wonderful!" Keebo smiled back. "The first step in your plan for global domination."

"Keebo!" I playfully nudged the laptop.

"In all seriousness, I'm really proud of you!" Keebo chuckled. "Though it only makes sense why they'd want such a bright young woman!"

"Oh, please." I waved him aside. "You're just saying that because I made you."

"Well, yes!" Keebo pressed on. "I don't mean to brag, but I'm a rather powerful AI. You can't make something that complex with just a smile."

"Yeah, but this isn't something I've really done before!" I replied. "Mechanics and show business are two very different fields."

"But you've forgotten one very important variable- Tsumugi Shirogane is a hard worker. And one who's willing to commit everything to her vision."