chapter 11

Chapter 11

London

Two years ago
The black curtain has concealed the sky , Farhan fixes his gaze on the sky as the stars sparkle brightly with the blue ocean shining underneath the brightness of the stars and moon. He slowly avert his gaze to the beautiful lady sitting next to him with her legs against her chest staring at the beautiful view.
Iman turns around and looks at him, her azure orbs widened when her gaze met his. Farhan’s gaze greedily ran over her pure figure before entwining their fingers . Iman smiled softly, her eyes on the man sitting next to her.
There is something about him that gave her goosebumps more than anyone she had met before. His cyan brown orbs were always so expressive. It has just been a month since she met this handsome lad but Iman found herself falling deeply in love.
“Why are you staring at me like that” he trailed his tongue on his vanilla lips as his voice pulled her back to reality.
“You tell me after all you’re the one that started the game.” She leaned closer placing her right hand on her cheek.
“Hmm is it wrong to stare at the woman who has been hunting my dreams” he whispered back, she could feel the heat of his breathe on her face.
She then chuckled as the sound of her laughter filled the atmosphere . “What are you doing to me, Iman Sheriff” he asked.
“I should be the one asking you that question Mr Malik” she replied with a tone that almost made him to lose his sanity. “You make me feel emotions I have never felt before Iman, you are making me lose my sanity. I can’t even recognize my heart anymore. This is becoming more than a bet” he whispered to himself.
“What are you saying?” she asked.
Farhan grinned “Nothing sweetheart”
“You know I don’t want to go back home, I wish I could spend the rest of my life like this. Nothing to worry about . Just spending sometime with you here on the beach away from the chaotic society we live” Iman says staring at the sky.
“But you can’t stay here for the rest of your life Iman, you have your fashion career to start and I have my business”
“I know, it’s just that…. I don’t know , I feel like all this…” she trailed “Our relationship ! I feel like it’s going to end when we go back to our normal lives.”
A daunting pain tore through his heart when he heard her words.
Are you sure about what you are doing Farhan? His inner soul asked him a question he had no answer to.
Iman was suppose to be just like the other girls he had dated but his heart has betrayed him. Farhan knows that he is not ready for any relationship because commitment is a NO to him. No matter how hard he tries the is this strong attraction that binds them together.
He doesn’t want to make the mistake his mother and sister made. Love only destroys a man's life . To Farhan, love is like a punishment . A blessing from the devil, which kills humanity.

***********

The model catwalk down the runway with her hand on her waist, the outfit she’s wearing is a pink pant suit. She swings her waist and walks back.
“So how was it?” Amir asked staring at Iman.
“ looks good, it’s seems like we are ready for tonight. And yes inform all the designers and their models that I don’t want any mistakes, everything should be ready” She replies getting up from her sit.
“You don’t need to stress yourself so much Iman and your designs are the best. They are going to be the talk of the night” Amir grinned as he pushes the door open.
Iman smiled and settled on her settled on her chair. “I know that’s why it’s going to be the last item on our schedule, Golds by iman – S&I 2018.” Iman squealed clapping her hands. Amir laughed at her expression.
“I just hope that my mom likes it. I need her ultimate approval because tonight will determine if I am qualified to run this company.”
“Oh come on babe, why are you so hard on yourself? I am 100% sure that your mother will be very proud of you. Just wait and see”
Iman smiled as her cheeks gave a faint hint of redness . “Now please and please give it a rest Iman, you need to to stay relaxed before the big event.”
“Okay fine, you don’t need to worry so much. I will take some rest.” She smiled.
“Now that’s more like my best friend, tonight is going to be great.”
“Wait Amir!” Iman stood up “I don’t have a dress. I need something to wear for the night!” Iman yelled. She wipes the sweat from her forehead with the back of her hands. She’s a total mess, how could she forget about something so important , now what is she going to wear.
“What! Are you serious Iman, what in the world are you talking about? I thought you had your dress ready last week” Amir rolled his eyes placing his hand on his waist.
“I totally forgot about it, I was so busy with this stupid engagement party my mom is organizing…ahh how can I be so foolish” she groans. “But we still have some few hours right”
“Some few hours! Are you serious Iman, what are you going to wear”
“Well you can help me right, after all you are my friend” she laughed. “You know you are so amazing Amir and I am very sure that your future girlfriend will be lucky to have you as her man.”
“You don’t need to sing praises. I have an idea”
“And what’s that?” Iman asked folding her arms.
“You don’t need to worry about anything, just give me five minutes and I will be back with an outfit.” He smiled and walked out of the room. Amir came back after some minutes with a large black plastic bag. He drops the bag on Iman's desk and pulls out a red dress making Iman to drop her jaw when eyes caught the sight of something familiar.
“Oh Allah! Amir what’s wrong with you . That’s my design.”
“And so what, you can wear it. A designer deserves to wear her own creation.”
“I can’t wear it, I am not sure I will look in it” she pouts. “Who told you so, you will look fantastic in it. I am sure about it”
“Okay, I hope so” she smiles fairly.
“I will see you later goodbye” Amir waves.
Picking up her bag and the plastic bag. Iman grabs her keys and walks to the parking lot.

*********

“We are here Mr Malik” he heard his driver’s voice. Farhan smiled as he grabbed his phone and stepped out of the car.
The red carpet was filled with paparazzi which made it impossible to pass through. It took him a lot of self control not to punch anyone on the face. Most of the questions asked on the red carpet were about his father’s company and his relationship with the sheriff’s.
Farhan saw no reason why he was being asked such questions. He thought he was going to be asked questions about his company and the stock market oil prices. The reporters avert their attention to another direction as the heir to S&I graced the red carpet with her presence.
“What’s going on” Iman asked one of the security guards.
“Farhan Malik just arrived and the reporters have been harassing him with different sort of questions. They won’t let him go. It looks like he need someone to help him pass through.” The man replied shaking his head. “Poor guy” he added.
“Well then lets help him after all he's our guest” Iman smiled. “Even though he’s a jerk” She whispered the last part to herself. Iman walked to his direction, she could smell the minty scent of his cologne.
Farhan turned around fixing his gaze on the beauty that was approaching him. He walked closer to her as he looked into her eyes.
“Let’s go” she says as they stylishly walk away with a quick wave. “That does mean we are good, I just helped you because you are a guest.” And when he turned around to give her a reply, he saw no signs of her. Iman had disappeared into the crowd.
The room was filled up with most of the guest already seated. The models were assembled back stage, it was a rough scene with all the models getting ready for the big night.
Soon the show started, models walked on the runway displacing different designs. And then the last item if the night as the host announced the work of the heir of S&I , which made the audience flabbergasted.
********
“That was fantastic Iman, I’m so proud of you” Mrs Sheriff smiled hugging her daughter.
“Your mom is right Iman we are all proud of you” Mrs Sheriff tapped her daughter on the shoulder.
“Congratulations Iman” his deep velvet voice hit her earlobe as her gaze met his.
“Thank you Farhan” She replied with a fake smiled.
“Well lets give you guys some space” Her mom said as they walk away.
“You look breathtaking tonight” Farhan grinned.
“What do you want Farhan” Iman sighed
“You!”
“You’ve already got that, we are getting married” she replied rolling her eyes.
“I want your love and forgiveness, I want to start a new life with you by my side.”
Iman giggled shaking her head “I don’t….” she paused when she saw a familiar figure walking towards their direction. “Not now!” she whispered.
“Hi Iman” her cousin’s creepy voice filled the atmosphere.
“Hello Fadeela” Iman waved.
Fadeela was dressed in a blue mermaid dress with her hair packed on one side. She slowly turns around and look at Farhan as a smile erupts on her face. “And you must be Farhan Malik, I have heard a lot about you. I’m Fadeela” she says .
“It’s nice meeting you fadeela, I'm Iman’s fiance.”
Fadeela looked at Iman with a shocking expression. “You got engaged! How? She yelled.
“Yes we were going to announce it over at dinner next week” Iman replied.
“I need to leave, I will see you tomorrow Iman and it was nice meeting your cousin.” He smiled.
“Wow congratulations” Fadeela says with a fake smile. “I can’t believe you are engaged I mean does he knows about it. I hope he knows how cheap his fianceé is” she uttered bitterly.
“What the hell are you talking about?” Iman asked sternly folding her arms.
“Oh you know what I'm talking about Iman, I hope you are not keeping secrets from your fiance, it might affect your relationship when he finds out about your naughty deeds.” Fadeela smirked. “ You know I was so shocked that day, who could have thought that a saint like you could do something so cheap like that”
“You know what Fadeela, what I do with my life is non of your business and trust me you don’t want your mother to find out that you and your boyfriend are stealing her money”
“You won’t dare!”
“Oh I can sweetheart, trust me you don’t want to mess with me. I can be your worst nightmare, so stay out of my life!” Iman warned.

Pls Vote
Comment
And share.

Maryamerh Bello