chapter 2

Chapter 2

New York

“ Mr Malik why don’t we go straight to the point , what will we gain with this contract, the profit is not that much” the red headed American said entwining his fingers.
Tylor loss his tie a little bit rubbing his jaw with his right thumb, “ I don’t think they are going to sign the contract Sir” he whispered into his boss's ear.
“ They will sign it Tylor , the is no way I am going to let this contract slide” Farhan smirked.
“Gentlemen” he called “I can assure you that my company is known for it honesty and good product, I don’t joke with my clients. I give the best and trust me you would love doing business with me” he explained.
“ We have heard a lot about you from different business personas  and the remarks are all good, I guess we will give it a try”  the blonde man who was sitting next to the red headed replied.
“Well then it was nice doing business with you” Farhan stood up extending his hand for a hand shake.
“ Wow, that was amazing sir, I really thought that they were not going to sign the contract” Tylor said as they walked out of the hotel.
“ Never underestimate what my abilities Tylor, you should know by now that I don’t joke with my business” Farhan replied blankly. “I will call you when I land in London, don’t forget to update me about any chances, I don’t want any mistakes” he said as he settled in his limousine.
“ To the airport Michael, I am finally going back home”
“ On it Boss” the driver replied.
"I'm expecting you today son, we have alot to discuss."
"In seven hours Ummi" he replied

Once he reached the airport he passed through immigration and went straight to his private jet.
“ Welcome on board Mr Malik” his Air hostess said with a warm smile on her face.
“Thank you Alina” he replied blankly. Farhan sat down on his favorite seat , as he thought about how boring his life is . He felt so dull , it seems like his whole life rotates around one thing “business” he hasn’t had any lady in his life since he left her. Maybe it’s time to move on but nobody has been able to capture his mind like she did . He shouldn’t have left her , if only he wasn’t such a coward then maybe Iman would have been his wife waiting for him to come back home.
He was scared about the emotions she made him feel. It was only a bet he made with his friends but as he spent some time with her , Farhan found himself falling deeply in love with her, he felt a strange connection towards her and at that moment he knew it was time to put an end to it. Love wasn’t for him, he has witness how it destroyed his mother and sister. His parent’s marriage wasn’t the best and his sister’s husband left her for another woman. But why does it feels like he made a mistake by leaving her.
Throughout the past two years he has spent his free time reading about her in newspaper and magazine, she wasn’t the innocent Iman he knew two years ago , she’s now an independent lady and Farhan was proud of her. She was finally becoming a successful career woman. Iman deserves all the happiness in the world. She has a pure soul and she’s too innocent for him, he doesn’t deserve her. Maybe she will be more happy without him.
A sigh escaped from his lips as he pulled a file out of his briefcase, he kept staring at the file in front of him weakly and broken. Farhan started his company at the age of 20 after he had a massive fight with his father. He made a promise to himself that he will make it to the top without his father's help and 15 years later he has done just that. He has made his name in the business world and has made it to the billionaire's club.
Now a year after his father’s death he is finally going back to his parent’s mansion to see his mother and sister, the last time he saw them was at his father’s funeral. His mother , Mrs Fatima Babangida Malik is a hausa lady from Kano but was born and brought up in Adamawa where she met his father, who is from Adamawa. A year after their marriage they came to London with his father’s best friend. Farhan gently closed the file , he felt death inside and he needs to do something about it , it’s feels like he was born just for one purpose.
He wasn’t sure if he was ready for any commitment but even if he was , Iman has ruined him for any other woman. She has his heart caged and she’s the only one who has the key.  Maybe that’s what he gets for breaking innocent girls’ hearts. For the past two years no woman has met his taste, even his soul is empty .
Farhan took off his seat belt walked over to his cabin , he took his shoes off and laid on his bed closing his eyes as fatigue took over making darkness to engulf him.
*****
London