- Chapter twenty -

Note: I'm really sorry it took me ages to upload a new chapter but there's a lot going on in my life

Anyway - I hope you enjoy reading :)

xx Mandy

Follow me on Instagram: maggiesmithdaily

Minerva:

I do not know how long was laying there on the bed starring at the ceiling as if it was charmed like that of the Great Hall - but it's not. Ally was fast asleep, cuddling close to my side. I had my left arm wrapped around her little body, my hand stroking small circles on her back. Since I read Albus's letter a while ago my mind couldn't stop thinking about him. He sounds genuinely sorry in his letter. Part of me knew it wasn't his fault in the first place and that I'm overreacting, but on the other hand, he could've done something against it instead of playing along with that woman.

Just when my eyes become heavier there was someone knocking at the cottage door, then I hear footsteps from downstairs - probably Poppy going to get the door, and then I hear her say something that sounds like "Albus".

My heart was beating faster and faster, I desperately want to know whether I heard Poppy correctly, whether Albus was indeed at the door or not.

Slowly I lift Ally from the bed and put her into the crib. I took one last glance at the sleeping toddler before I reached for the door and rushed down the stairs. Upon reaching the bottom of the stair I halted abruptly. There he was. Our gaze locked. I don't know how long we both stood there starring at each other - nor do I know who made the first move, all I could think of at this moment is his soft lips upon mine. After what seems like forever we broke the kiss, "I have missed you so so much, Albus", I breathed tears streaming down my cheeks.

"I have missed you too, Tabby." He said, while he gently whipping away my tears with his thumb. We were so caught up with each other that we completely forgot about Poppy's presence until she cleared her throat.

"I'm going to leave you alone then." She smiled and was just about to walk into the kitchen when Albus called her back.

"I was thinking if you could look after Ally because I want to take Minerva for a walk by the lake."

"Of course," Poppy answered him with a wink.

———

We walk hand in hand around by the lake just listen and feel the wind blow the leaves. Neither of us has spoken since we left Poppy's cottage.

At some point, Albus halted and turned himself to face me. He leans closer to me, our foreheads touching. I could smell his lemonish-breath, which makes me smile because it reminds me of his love for sweets. His lips lightly brush mine and I close my eyes, the lemon flavor has got more intense. The need for air has won and we slowly broke the kiss. Before I could say anything Albus was kneeling in front of me, and just then I realized the change in the atmosphere around us. I was memorized by my lover's presence that I didn't notice all the candles on the grounds forming a big heart, the beautiful lake that also reflects the full moon and the stars in the sky, and all the fireflies flying everywhere...

But then the fireflies were trying to form something - as if they were writing - Could it be...? "Marry me"

- to be continued -