- Chapter nineteen -

Albus:

Albus:

I hope Minerva and Ally are doing well. I miss them so much. I have gotten used to having them around me. We are literally a family now, even if Minerva and I are not married yet, but we are bond as a family by the existence of our daughter. But what I do not understand is why Minerva suddenly decided to spend a few days at Poppy's.

My thoughts are interrupted by someone knocking at my bedroom door. I stand up from the sofa to open the door and just then I realize that it is already dark outside. To my surprise, it is Nancy at the door.

"Albus, darling, don't you come downstairs and have dinner with us?"

"I apologize, I dozed off and must have lost track of time." I lied- But she doesn't have to know that.

"May I escort you down?"

I have to put an end to this. The things between me and Minerva won't solve if Nancy continues to stay at the Dumbledore Manor. She will never believe me that I have absolutely no interest in Nancy. But what should I tell Nancy to leave? She is here with aunt Beatrice.

But first of all, I need to get have some dinner because I am starving now. And I probably should send an owl to Minerva to make sure that she and Ally have arrived safely.

"Well, Albus? Are you coming?"

------------------------------///----------------------------

Minerva:

After dinner, I just feel like getting some fresh air.

"Excuse me, I need some fresh air. I will be in the garden."

With that, I head outside and sat on the swing. I felt so uncomfortable while we had our dinner, Edward was sitting right next to me and I have felt it whenever he was glancing over at me.

Upon hearing someone open the backdoor I turned my head just to find Edward coming out outside. He walks towards me and sat right next to me on the swing. Oh great...

"Is something wrong, Minerva?" He asks me in a soft voice. I can smell his aftershave, he still uses the same scent as he used back then when we went to school together.

"I am perfectly fine, thank you." I try my hardest to not make eye contact with him.

"Minerva?" Now I can't help but look into his eyes and he is mine. He put cup my cheek with his right hand and lean closer- wait- is he about to kiss me? I am stunned as his face was getting closer and closer to mine.

I turn my face away when his lips were only centimeters away from reaching mine.

"Sorry Edward. But I cannot do this." I still have my head turn away from him, not daring to look into his eyes again.

"Why ever not?"

"Because I am in a relationship and I love him with all my heart. It would be wrong. Even if he wouldn't know it but I would know it."

"Oh- I- I apologize if I was being forward with you. I did not know that you are involved with someone." I can hear a disappointment in his voice.

"Not only that, but we also have a beautiful daughter together, she is fast asleep upstairs."

I turn my head to see his reaction, but his face was neutral.

"Oh." I give him a small smile "So, you are married?"

"No, I am not. Albus didn't propose to me yet."

"Albus? Professor Dumbledore? Y-You are in a relationship with Professor Dumbledore and the two of you have a child together?" He asks me in surprise.

I only nod my head.

"Well- Congratulations to the two of you." He said- I know he was trying not to sound disappointed, but I can hear it anyway.

"I probably need to go check on my daughter now."

"Oh, uhm, I probably have to call it a night myself. It was nice to see you again, Minerva. Maybe we can meet for lunch sometime?"

"That sounds nice, why not." I give him a warm smile and he smiles back at me.

"Good Night." With that I into the cottage.

Before I reach the door to my bedroom I pause and ask myself

What in Merlin's name just happened?

--

"Well, hello darling. I'm sure you are hungry now." I greet my daughter who is now standing in her crib and is waiting for me to lift her. I held her close to me and we have a little cuddle moment before I take her to change her diaper and also change her into her pajama onesie. After I have changed Ally I transform my robe into a nightgown and sits on the bed. I lean my back against a pile of pillows. I lay Ally comfortable across my lap before I reveal my breast and settle her against it so she can suckle. I know that I should stop nursing her by now, but she seems to still need it. Even though she has gotten used to eating small meals she still wants to suckle in the morning and before bed. But I think I just let her take her time.

"I miss your daddy so much, little one"

I really do, and I feel so bad that I left him like that. And in addition to that, I feel bad about the almost-kiss situation with Edward earlier. Sensing my nervousness and distress, Ally releases my nipple starts to pound at my chest with her feats, and starts to whimper, to show how uncomfortable she is when I am stressed out while she was being nursed. I soothe her and switch the side. After a while I realize that Ally fell asleep, so I lay her next to me and turned off the lamp. I am about to drift off when I hear an owl tapping at the window. When I open the window to let the owl in, I pull my night robe tightly around me because it was freezing, it is December after all. The owl drops off the letter and flew out into the night after I gave him a little treat.

As I see the familiar handwriting on the envelope, I know right away from who this letter might be. I open and carefully read the words.

--

My love,

I know you said that you need some time and space to think and I apologize if I disturb you with my letter. But I just want to make sure that you and our daughter arrived safely at Poppy's cottage. Take as many times as you wish, but please always remember that I love you and Ally with all my heart. I come to realize that I cannot live without you or our daughter nor do I ever want to try. No matter how far away or wherever you are, you two will always be in my heart.

Give Ally a big kiss from her daddy, I miss you both very much.

Yours forever,

Albus

- To Be Continued -