- Chapter eighteen -

Note: I'm so sorry it takes ages for me to upload the next chapter

Note: I'm so sorry it takes ages for me to upload the next chapter. But I have some personal problems at the moment and couldn't find the time to continue writing the story. I'll try my best to write and upload more chapters. Now with the lockdown, I have some free time.

Please check out my Instagram fan page for Maggie Smith if you haven't already maggiesmithdaily - A daily dose of Maggie ;)

Enjoy reading! xx Mandy

btw I decided to write from the character's perspective now. idk- I just want to try something new.

--------------------------///--------------------------

Minerva:

It was dark outside when I finally arrived at Poppy's cottage. The whole argument with Albus makes me feel exhausted. Thank God Ally was not fussing the whole train ride because that old wizard who was sitting next to us was not very happy when I came into the cabinet with Ally in her baby carrier. But the train was full, and I had no other choice.

My daughter is now fast asleep, and I need a hot bath. After a few seconds upon knocking at the front door, I heard footsteps rushing from the other side of the door.

"Minerva! Nice to see you, come on in!" Poppy greeted me with excitement.

I had to silent her otherwise she'll wake Ally and I could forget about my hot bath I was planning to take.

"Shhhhh- Poppy. You are going to wake up Ally!"

"I apologize, but I was so excited when you said you will be staying with me for a couple of days."

I smiled at her. Poppy is my best friend since we both were students at Hogwarts. And after we graduated and became a staff member of Hogwarts usually spend Christmas Holidays here at her cottage. Usually, Rolanda and Pomona would stay here during Christmas break but since Poppy started a family of her own the things, we simply cannot do it like we used to do. Since the day Ally was born and Cassandra has left them- us, I knew that being a mother you have to think of your child first before you decide to do something.

Poppy showed me to our rooms. As I entered the all too familiar guest bedroom, I had this feeling inside me. – How I missed those times with my friends.

"I have an old crib from Mia set up for Ally," Poppy said to me. It was so thoughtful of her to do this. To be honest. I don't know what I would do without her.

"Thank you so much, Poppy."

"I will be downstairs. Maybe you can freshen up a bit and we can have dinner together. Mia and Alastor are visiting his parents, but we have three guests coming over to have dinner with us." Poppy said with a wink. "But if you are not up to you can rest. I don't mind. After all, the train ride could be very exhausting with small children. Especially your child."

I shot her a glare before she left the room with laughter.

I shake my head and smile to myself. After I put my bags on the bed, I carefully untie the carrier and lay Ally into the crib. My daughter is still fast asleep. I watch her little chest move up and down slowly in her sleep.

It took me almost an hour to freshen up myself. The hot bath was really heavenly, I could stay in there forever. After I got dressed, I walked over to make sure Ally was still fast asleep before I head down the stairs into the little dining room.

When I turned the corner and entered the dining room, I regretted to come downstairs.

Besides Poppy, Rolanda and Pomona there was a familiar tall good-looking wizard. He was around our age... And was my school crush.

"Good evening Minerva." He greeted me.

"Edward"

Well- This is going to be an interesting evening for sure.

- story to be continued -