- Chapter one -

Albus Dumbledore, known as the greatest wizard of all time

Albus Dumbledore, known as the greatest wizard of all time. He is a bachelor for so long and was not interested in any witch that throw themselves at him. But one day, he was so stressed and got himself drunk, slept with a woman, and got her pregnant.

July 1st (In the evening after the baby was born):

"Well, little one, now it is just you and me left on this world," Albus said carrying a newborn baby girl secured in his arms.

"I am so sorry for you Albus." The Hogwarts mediwitch, Poppy Pomfrey said and embraced her employer and dear friend. She was after all the nurses who brought his child into the world and saw his wife died after giving birth.

Albus adored and respected his wife Cassandra Dumbledore (née Wright) a lot and he's sad that she's now gone forever. But deep down in his heart, he knew he did not love her. This child was not created by love, but the first time he saw his daughter after she was born, he immediately fell in love with the baby and promises to protect her with his life. He promises to be a good Daddy for his little girl.

"Albus there is something I would like to discuss with you." Poppy said. Albus nodded his head for her to continue.

"Well, the thing is it would be best for the little one to have someone who could breastfeed her while she is still so little. I do not like the idea of a newborn to be feed from a baby bottle with milk powder inside just yet."

"And how am I supposed to do that? I am not a woman." Albus asked the mediwitch a bit embarrassed.

"As far as I know, no one of the female staff members have ever had a child before. So, it is a bit hard for us to find a solution. What I can do is induce lactation for the one who is willing to breastfeed your daughter." Poppy suggests.

"What is induce lactation?"

"Well induce lactation is a practice for a woman who has never been pregnant before, to produce milk and be able to breastfeed a baby."

"And who is that woman in question?" Albus asked.

"Someone who is willing to help you and is of course in good health for the task." Poppy answered. Albus thought of who he could ask until Poppy came with a good idea.

In the afternoon, Albus sat in his favorite armchair with his little girl in the arms. He felt a familiar hand lying on his shoulder.

"Albus, please get some rest. I will take care of your daughter." Minerva said with a soft voice. She slowly took the baby out of Albus' arms and carried her close to her chest. Albus watched Minerva with his baby girl in her arms for a while and then got up to his feet.

"Thank you, my dear." He managed to say with a weak voice. Minerva turned to face him and gave him a small kiss on his cheek.

"I will always be by your side whenever you need me. Always. So, now, have you decided on a name for this little tabby cat?" She asked.

"Yes." He answered her.

"Well?"

"Her name is Ariana Minerva Dumbledore." He finally said. Minerva stayed there speechless for a few minutes. "Oh, Albus." This was the only words she managed to say with tears in her green eyes. She was surprised and at the same time overjoyed that her best friend and the man she secretly loved for so long, had named his daughter after herself.

She was in love with this man that was once her professor. And now when she has returned to Hogwarts to take the position as the transfiguration professor the two of them become best friends. Minerva is still in love with him but does not want to risk their friendship by telling him. Even if he only thinks of her as his best friend, she is happy just being close to him. And now she was there to comfort him and help him with his baby. Just be there for him when he needed her to.

"Minerva there is something I would like to ask you," Albus said.

"Yes?"

Albus then tells Minerva what Poppy had told him earlier. After he finished he then asked her

"Will you help me, well, help us?"

Minerva thought about it for a minute and said

"Of course I will help you. But first, you mister, go to bed."

"Thank you for everything, my dear." And with that Albus bent to kiss her on the cheek and walk towards the staircase leading to his bedroom, opened the door, but before he went inside his room, he turned his head to see Minerva sitting in his armchair with Ariana in her arms. He then smiled to himself and walked into his bedroom to get some sleep.

Minerva looked down at the baby in her arms and kissed her upon her little forehead and said

"I will protect you and keep you safe as if you are my own daughter. Your daddy and I will make sure, that you are loved. I love you with all my heart, little tabby cat."

Meanwhile, Albus was laying in his bed.
His last thought before he drifted off to sleep was,
'I love you, Minerva.'

One month has passed. Minerva was sitting in an armchair in her sitting room and was nursing baby Ariana. She looked down at Ariana who is still suckling at her breast. It gave Minerva the feeling as if her dream to become a mother one day had come true. She loves this child dearly and with her here
drinking milk from her breast makes her create a stronger bond between this child and herself.

 She loves this child dearly and with her heredrinking milk from her breast makes her create a stronger bond between this child and herself

(This is how Minerva McGonagall looks like in this story)