Chapter 23

"Betrayal doesn't only break your heart but also darkens your soul. You'll never forget the pain like a fog that forever lingers in the depths of your mind."
~Anonymous

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

Aurelia's POV

Everyone, Campbell, Caleb, Lavinia, Graciela and I, were sitting in the doctor's office. Graciela said that my test results were back but nothing was wrong scientifically, so She asked Lavinia for help and they found so type of poison. I thought Lavinia was gonna explain to me what it was but she chose to talk about something else. "Aurelia are you a black witch?"she asked curiously.

"She's one of them Victoria, I'm sure of it." Grandmother spoke in hushed tone. We were at the healers house. They thought I was asleep, but I was listening the whole time. I was laying on the bed with my back turned to them.

"It can't be possible." Mother whispered back.

"Well, it is. No one can find out about this, it would ruin us."

"Mom, Aurelia is not dangerous, she's a child. She's my child, your granddaughter!!!" Mother raised her voice angrily.

"Yes, she's a child and at the moment not a threat." Grandmother admitted. "But, what happens when she grows up? She be stronger and unstoppable."

"No one knows what the future holds. This is the present, we can teach her, train her." Mother urged.

Grandmother laughed. "You want us to teach her. We would be giving a lion it's prey, why would we teach her how to use a weapon."

"How do you even know what she is?" Mommy asked sadly. "I thought she didn't have powers and now you're telling me that she does?"

"Today, she brought back some rabbit from the dead without a spell or sacrifice. I was there, her eyes went black and within seconds the bunny was hopping away." Grandma signed.

"No, no, no." I heard mother voice quivered and footsteps came closer to me. I quickly closed my eyes, pretending to sleep. Mother's took me her arms. She placed my head on her shoulder and wrapped her arms around me. "Please, not my baby."

"We can start the extraction process now." Grandmother said firmly. "Before it is too late."

"Mom no, you can't do this. She's only three years old." Mother cried.

"Which is why we have to start now." Grandmother said and I heard her footsteps approaching us. "Black witches were banned from the light of day for a reason. I don't know how this happened to Aurelia but we can help her before the darkness takes over."

"How?" Mother croaked.

"I know something that will help."

I blinked away the memory and looked back at Lavinia. The question was so simple yet so destructive. It held not one, but multiple answers to everything. Lavinia could figure out why I wasn't there at home, why I was away all the time. She would know what happened that night. But why should I care about  what she finds out.

Just like Victoria and her mother, everyone from this pack would turn away from me. Amber wouldn't be welcome her anymore, because she's an 'offspring'  of a Black witch. They will see us as a threat to their home, Campbell, Caleb and Clyde will have no choice but to throw us out.

But guess who was not surprise? Me. I already accepted it from the start. We're only here because they had no idea who I was. Mikayla and Miles knew from the first time we met and thought nothing of it, but not everyone is as accepting as them.