CHAPTER 30

(A.N. so, um, sorry to interrupt your reading or whatever, I just wanted to point out how far I've come with this story in just one month *especially for the lazy person that I am*, and how thankful I am for everyone's support. :)

●●●●●

I wrote this chapter in THIRD PERSON'S POV to show each character's perspective and I think I'm going to do the same for others chapters as well. I personally think that it's a better way of showing the character's true intentions.)

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

Third person POV

It has been three weeks since Aurelia went in a coma, everyone found out that she used a spell to save Octavia's life, in doing so, she sacrificed her own. She was placed back at the hospital so they could monitor her heart and keep track of her condition.

Campbell and Amber spent most of their time along side Aurelia. Both were devastated, there were times when Amberlynn wasn't eating or communicating with anyone except for Campbell. When they were alone, they talked to Aurelia's sleeping form, keeping her updated about things in the pack. They hoped that she was listening or at least fighting for her life. when no one was around, Amber tried using her magic to heal her mother sadly, nothing changed her state.

Campbell didn't stray from his duties as an alpha, he managed to carry out his proportion of work with a broken soul. He visited Aurelia twice each day; in the mornings before he when to the office and after, he sat at the bed holding her hand. Campbell made sure to keep Amber by his side, he always carried her back to the house when she fell asleep , when she cried he was there to hold her–their relationship was stronger than ever.

Caleb earned his mate's trust, Octavia was now baring his mark-though they didn't complete the mating process. They got along very well for the short time they knew each other. Caleb didn't want to rush but Octavia assured him that she was ready. Caleb was forever grateful for what Aurelia did, but he didn't want it to turn out the way it did. His brother went through the one thing he fear, to lose his beloved.

Octavia was surprised to how quick the pack was to accept her. When Caleb introduced her in one of the meetings there was no objection about her being a vampire and their alpha's mate. She even got welcome by Campbell, Aurelia's mate, Octavia thought that he would be angry at her. It confused her how someone she have never met sacrifice herself to help her. Octavia paid her respect by visiting Aurelia along with Caleb.

Lavinia was even more determine to safe her sister, even though they weren't close she still wanted a chance to fix things. She suggested that they reached out to other packs and covens about the Brurelium. No one knew anything, and if they did, they weren't going to help.

Clyde was there for his mate and brother, he continued the training sessions, meeting arrangements and other pack projects. Mikayla stayed in the pack praying for Aurelia's recovery. They were sisters, ones who looked out for each other, Mikayla wished that she could have prevent what happened. Miles had found his mate a week after the incident, she was from the lichen pack too. His mate was by his side through those times.

Meghan came to the conclusion that it happened for the best. She always thought little of Aurelia, that she was just a human waste. Then that changed when she turned out to be a black witch and Campbell's mate. Meghan knew that she wasn't capable of leading a pack, especially along side Campbell. It was supposed to be her, she hadn't been gifted with a mate and she dreamed of having Campbell for herself. Meg planned to spell Aurelia, that was Campbell wouldn't have to deal with her, fortunately for her Aurelia already back out on her own by doing something so stupid, as helping a Vamp. Now all Meg had to do was seduce Campbell.

The pack knew that one of their future Lunas were ill, they were concerned for their alpha; living without your other half wasn't living at all, death was considered a mercy. The pack also accepted future Luna Octavia, even though vampires slaughtered the pack in the past--they were forgiving people. Everyone dwelled on the safety of their leaders.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

Clyde and Lavinia were in their room looking through some books, when one of the guards mind linked them–saying that someone was at the border requesting Lavinia's presence. Lavinia, accompanied by Clyde, left the room and followed the men towards the stranger. They suggested that it was a rogue because their pack normally had no problem in helping them and they seek out help from time–to–time.

The trees crashed against each other like sand to the ocean floor, creating dense layers. The sun was setting at a colorful pace, the air was cool and damp, and animals prepared for a night's hibernation. Clyde held Lavinia's hand as they walked towards the cloaked person. Six trusted warriors surrounded the intruder prepared to defend their alpha and luna incase of an attack.

"State your business." Clyde ordered but did not use his alpha voice. Campbell, Caleb and Clyde didn't necessarily used their alpha tone on anyone unless it was
Unavoidable.

"I mean no harm to you or you're pack." The lady announced. Lavinia found some familiarity in her voice, she'd identify it anywhere but she thought it wasn't possible. The vulgar lady removed the cloaked that shadowed her face. Her lengthy blonde hair glided to her waist symbolizing her tall fame.

Lavinia's eyes widened in shock when she saw her unaged face. A million scrabbled thoughts ran through her head but none had an explanation for what she saw.

Clyde noticed his mate's reaction towards the assumed stranger. He immediately became worried and started to press her on what's wrong.

"Mom?!?" Lavinia's shocked voice croaked. She stepped back in denial, there was no way it could be possible.

The women's eyes casted down with guilt. "Yes Lavinia," she whispered in the wind. She looked up at the couple before her, particularly Lavinia. "It's me."

"But how? I-I, I saw you. You died. Y-you both did." She stuttered. Tears burned her eyes and her lips trembled in disbelief. Clyde mind linked his men and instructed them to leave until further notice. The situation had become clear to him, the lady before them were Lavinia's dead mother. He wrapped his arms around his mate in comfort.

"This is not real." Lavinia whispered sadly in Clyde's neck. "It can't be."

"I'm sorry Lavinia, I didn't want us to meet again this way." The lady, now identified as Victoria, stepped forward.

Lavinia looked at her uncertain, newly found angry took over the grief. "What do you mean?" She queried. "You weren't dead all this time yet still, you didn't bother to contact me?"

Clyde silently witnessed the scene before him, it was a bit awkward but he stood by Lavinia's side, being supportive like he had been since the day he had met her.

"No, it's not like that." She denied. "I'll explain everything soon, first we need to save her sister. She's–"

"How you know about her?" Lavinia asked stoping her midsentence. "And what happened to her all those years ago?"

"I'll explain everything to both of you once I give Aurelia the antidote." Victoria said in a hushed tone.

"How did you learn of an antidote?" Clyde
questioned from suspicion. No one they came across knew anything about the Brurelium or a cure, he wondered how Victoria came to know of it.

"As I said young alpha, I mean no harm. All I want to do is help my daughters, it's all I request." Victoria smiled with sadness.

"We'll inform her mate right away, but you have some explaining to do." Lavinia injected wiping the tears and placing her feelings aside.

Clyde mind linked his younger brother to move his mate back to his house, as suspected, Campbell had a lot of questions as to why. Clyde explained to him that something had come up, Campbell was hesitant at first but agreed to move Aurelia.

"Her mate needs to understand that the antidote will work but..." Victoria became skeptical about how to carry on the information.

"But what?" Clyde questioned.

There was a long pause from Victoria before she looked into Lavinia's brown eyes. "I'm afraid that there will be physical and psychological brutal side effects........"