Chapter 32

"I'll kill you if you try something like that again." Mikayla sniffed, pulling from the hug.

"I love you too." I grinned.

When I woke up, Campbell told me that Mikayla was already waiting downstairs to see me. After my morning routine, I came down to the kitchen to see her. She was extremely worried about me, I assured her that the antidote had worked and I'm feeling better than I had in three months.

"Where's Miles?" I asked eating the salad Campbell made me for breakfast. He demanded that I eat something healthy for a start, saying that my body needs the nutrients. But a salad dude?

"Miles is with his mate." Mikayla said with an eye roll. "She from this pack."

"Wait," I laughed. "Miles, the one who claimed that he didn't want to settle down with someone, found a mate?"

"Yes, they've entered the world of cringetology." She said making a face.

I swallowed, then spoke "That's not even a word."

"It's the only way to describe what I've been through the past few weeks. I didn't know that being the third wheel was so embarrassing and hard." She said in a playful tone.

"He was once the third wheel when it came to us." I smiled remembering how Miles would follow us everywhere with numerous complaints. "Mikayla, are you doing ok though?" I asked seriously.

A frown takes over her features and she looked down. "Aurelia, I know we had always joke about this type of stuff," her eyes started to water and her voice quivered. "but you have no idea how scared I was when I woke up hearing that you were in a coma." Tears leaked from her eyes while some gathered in mine.

"I couldn't do anything, all I wanted was for you to open your eyes and say that it's one of your horrible pranks." She struggled with hiccups and sobs. I got up and hugged her once more, our emotions leaking through in comfort.

"I'm sorry Kayla." I mentioned throughout my crys. "I made decisions based off my emotions, I didn't consider the consequences."

"Campbell stopped me from slapping the sh*t out of you a few times." She said and I chuckled sadly. I pulled away and sat back on the kitchen stool.

She wipe the tears and signed, "I thought that vampire hurt you, I can't even look at her without wanting to tear her head off." There was a familiar dark look on her face and I immediately knew what she was thinking.

I held her hand in mine giving it a firm squeeze. "Mikayla, she had nothing to do with it. I'm the one that did the spell, cut her some slack."

She rolled her eyes and looked away. "You better finish your breakfast so we can get out of here."

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

Campbell led the way through the distance forest, glancing back at us every few minutes. The sounds of leaves crunching with our every step were mixed with the rhythm of the birds surfing in the wind and Amber's chatter. Blade ran freely back and forth as she had no leash to hold her back. Amber would constantly try throwing a stick to have her chase however Blade would sniff them then run away again. Campbell said that the others planned a small gathering near the forest and invited Mikayla, Amber and I to tag along.

"Campbell?" Amber groaned from beside me.

Cam's head turned to look at her in question. "Yes, Amber?"

"I'm tired." She said with puppy eyes.

He stopped in his tracks with a smile, "I'll carry you the rest of the way." He said with his arms held out. Amber ran to him, giggling all the way.