Chapter 31

Aurelia's POV

Involuntarily, my eyes peeled open, I squinted at first then unblinkingly I took in my surroundings. I wasn't in the hospital anymore, I was back in Campbell's room. I tried remembering how I got back here, I was suppose to be helping Caleb's vampire mate. I noticed Amber and Campbell seated beside the bed . Amber's eyes were puffy and red, as if she's been crying for a period of time, and I wonder what the hell for.

She jumped up and hurled herself into my arms, I embraced her as she shed tears. "Hey honey," I whispered in a hushed tone rubbing her shoulders. I realised how hoarse my voice was and the dryness of my throat. "What's wrong?" I asked bewildered.

I was still disoriented from my nap, even though I didn't remember falling asleep at the hospital. I wanted to ask Campbell some questions about it but I wanted to know what was wrong with Amber. I also observed that Campbell seemed a bit stressed and tense. He continuously clenched and unclenched his fist, his hair grew a little longer than before and dark circles rested around his eyes.

What the hell is going on here? I thought to myself.

"I missed you." Amber sob.

"Missed me? Amber I'm right here." I answered confused about the whole situation.

"You were in a coma for almost a month." She said while shedding tears.

My eyes widened in disbelief, "Amber what are you talking about?"

"Y-you were gone, I-I didn't know what to do." She stuttered.

"It's ok, I'm right here now." I assured her even though I had no idea about what was going on. I didn't pry her anymore, due to her state, instead I continued to whisper consoling words in her ears. Blade sat at the bedside whining with her head slightly leaned to the side. She also appeared to have increased in size.

We stayed in silence until Amber had fallen asleep, I slowly moved her on the bed, then I turned to Campbell for some answers. I swung my legs over the hedge and jumped off the bed, however,
my feet were uncooperative; Cam caught me before I hit the tiled floor.

He placed me back to sit down and backed away. "It's probably too soon for you to be standing." He mumbled.

"Cam, what's going on?" I finally asked.

"As Amber said, you've been in a coma, three weeks now." Cam whispered in sepulchral tones. "When you used the spell on Octavia, it caused your body to shut itself down."

I inhaled sharply processing the information. I considered that Octavia was Caleb's mate, this happened to me because of what I did for her. I guess the spell worked then. If it didn't I would probably blame Caleb because he was the one who showed me the spell. It was a risky move but it came through for them; leaving me in a coma Ofcourse. Even though I knew that, I didn't regret doing it. I was sure that Octavia and Caleb were happy, I saw how much he wanted a mate.

"Ok, Is she ok now?"

He looked at me then back to the floor. "Yes, and she's dying to meet you."

"Okay, let's go now." I beamed trying to move once again. I was stop by Cam's objections, he was now standing much closer with his arms on my leg. It seemed like he wanted to say something, instead of doing that he pulled me into his embrace. I was surprised at first then I gave into the warmth of his strong hold, molding into his tall frame. My arms were locked around his neck and his wrapped around my waist. Like I wrapped myself into a blanket after being in the freezing cold, his grasp was warm and protective.