Chapter 26 : "pink tulips"

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark,

with you between my arms,

barefoot on the grass,

listening to our favourite song."

- Perfect : Ed Sheeran

\ pink tulips ~ sweetness, gentleness \

{Echo pov}

It was the day of the garden party. Layla came over to our place, and we told the boys we'd go over by ourselves, wanting to give them a surprise.

Things had been going really well with me and Levi, although we were both busy with work, we made enough time for each other. The day I stayed over at his house, was pretty awkward. I know I've stayed over at his house multiple times before, but this was the first time we were both alone in the house, and we were in a relationship.

He sent me home after breakfast, hugging and kissed me lightly on the cheek, always assuring me that he loves me. I can't be happier than I already am.

"Alison, pass me the hairdryer, please." Layla said from across the room.

"Echo, do you need these?" She asked, showing me a pair of earrings.

"Layla, are you done drying your hair?" I asked, literally shouting over the noise.

And finally, we were all set. Alison was driving, and it was never a boring day with these two girls, they honestly being out the best in me. We turned up the radio, singing at the top of our lungs on the way to our destination.

When we reached the place, it was brightly lit, with beautiful fairy lights, scrumptious looking food, and the view, oh the view, it was high up, overlooking the whole of Paris, close to the Eiffel Tower. Ah, Paris.

The place was already crowded with Levi's staff, casually chatting with one another, but I forgot to mention how Lucas thought it'd be a good idea to make it a mini-reunion as well, I guess he wanted the singing club to be there when he was going to propose to her. He posted an invitation, weeks ago, so anyone could come if they were interested. And someone really 'special' decided to turn up, unfortunately.

I walked towards Levi who was wearing a white dress shirt and navy blue slacks. He was leaning against the wall, talking to someone. His hands were in his pocket, looking effortlessly handsome.

He has yet to spot me, as I got closer, I saw that, that someone he was talking to was none other than his ex

He has yet to spot me, as I got closer, I saw that, that someone he was talking to was none other than his ex. That dreaded feeling was back, that punch in my heart named jealously started seeping through. I trusted Levi, I really did, but I don't trust her.