Chapter 28 : "orange tulips"

I would walk through burning fire,

even if your kiss could kill me.

You know,

I would die for you.

- Die For You : Justin Bieber ft. Dominic Fike

\ orange tulips ~ understanding, appreciation \

{Echo pov}

Patrice's funeral consisted of her relatives and friends, I really miss her. Waiting at the operation theatre was frightening, but the outcome was heart-breaking, imagine going in the operation theatre, not knowing if you'd make it out alive or not, and there aren't any last chances to say goodbye, it just happens.

I don't understand why Levi would go through all that for me, he doesn't deserve any part of it, he deserves someone who loves him, cares for him, but mostly someone who wouldn't leave him because of a disease.

But I love him, so fucking much, it hurts even more.

Alison was leaving just after Christmas, and the thought of me being alone in the house scares me, I'd have to stop teaching as well, the doctor did give us some hope, but the worry is still there.

A month passed since Patrice's passing. Levi and I were still going strong, he was always there, for all the treatments, my mood swings, and my emotional episodes, he was always there. There's just a week left for Christmas and for Alison to leave. My family and Levi's family is coming over to spend the holidays with us. We were going to have a mini celebration at Levi's penthouse, and a goodbye party for Alison.

"This! This will look so good on you, Echo, trust me." Layla said, showing me a simple spaghetti strapped white dress, with a cream coloured cardigan on the outside. Levi was bringing me out for a date to the park, for a picnic.

 Levi was bringing me out for a date to the park, for a picnic

"He's really sweet." Alison said, sitting on my bed, eating some ice cream.

I sighed, "I know, and I feel so indebted to him, like he deserves so much more, more than just me."

"He deserves you, Echo and you deserve him the same. There is no competition in love." Layla said.

"Your cancer is not you, Echo. If you didn't have cancer, would he have deserved you then?" Alison asked.

And I'm not going lie, that stung a little but I knew it was true.

"I just wish I could be normal, I want to continue teaching, to marry Levi, to do the things I love, to have his kids, but I can't." I started tearing up, both Layla and Alison came over to hug me, telling me it wasn't my fault.