Twenty three

Hello hello everyone it has been a long time. I want to formally apologize for the lack of updates on this story as some of you may know I have been on a hiatus. I started a new job at a daycare over a year ago and since left and joined another place but the same issues I was having at my old job followed my new one so I'm in the process of once again leaving to join a better place which will lead to better opportunities for me. This in the meantime has all taken a big physical, emotional and mental toll on me and I remember how when I was in one of my moods writing has helped me and it was something I genuinely enjoyed doing and its something I'm fighting to hold on to, a part of me feels like I lost my spark but I'm trying to get that back so bear with me as we journey on into the remainder of this story because as of right now this book will be a standalone. A sequel is possible but doubtful seeing as I have other works here on my account including a few in my drafts so I'm going to try working on one book at a time because I hate the thought of having unfinished books but we will just have to see where this goes so without further ado enjoy the chapter and give me feedback on what you think.

_______

Motorcycles. More like death machines, at least that's what Katherine thought as she sat besides her sister in her truck on their way to the reservation. She was rudely waken up on her day off by Bella coming in asking if she knew anything about motorcycles. Katherine called her crazy but became intrigued when she mentioned their were two, so Bella texted Jake out of the blue asking to hangout so there they were.

Katherine hopped out of the passengers side slamming the door shut. She followed Bella behind the truck where she saw Jacob coming around. He saw them and came running over to greet them.

"Bella!" He reached out to hug the Swan girl. "Where the hell have you been loca?" He spun her once and set her down. "Hey Kat." He looked at the other Swan girl who resisted the urge to roll her eyes.

"Hey Jake." Katherine nodded at him.

"I, uh. Brought you something." Bella aimed her thumb behind her. "It's a little crazy." Katherine observed her sisters awkward behavior and semi sluggish movements, dark bags hung under her eyes raising the concern Katherine did have for her.

Bella threw off the green tarp revealing two old, used motorcycles, what kind Katherine didn't know, she wasn't a cars and bikes gal. Music was more her thing, listening to it at least, she does not have a musical bone in her body.

"Scrap metal, you shouldn't have." Katherine chuckled slightly at his response.

"I saved it from the junkyard. I think they'll probably cost more to fix than they're worth. But then I thought that if I had a mechanic friend to help me out, then..."

"Ah, me. Being the mechanic type friend?" Jacob gestured to himself. He gawked at the bikes for a second before looking at both of the girls. "I never took you guys to be into motorcycles." He stated. Katherine chuckled.

"I'm more intrigued in the idea of watching Bella bust her ass on one of these puppies before anything." The two laughed as Bella just scoffed.

"Look I get it if you think that this is really stupid and reckless." Agitation was in her voice.

"Yeah, it's completely stupid and reckless." Jacob agreed before breaking out into a grin. "When do we start?" Bella broke out into a small surprised smile.

"U-um now." She stammered.

"Alright." Jacob walked over to the truck pulling the tarp back more. He wrapped his hands around both ends of the bike.

"Oh, wait, be careful. Those things are actually really heavy, so...." He lifted the bike out with ease impressing both of the Swan girls. "Jake, you're like buff. How did that happen? You're like 16. I don't get it."