Eleven

Trigger Warning: brief mention of rape.

Okay I figured it out. Being stressed and depressed really is a good motivator sometimes 😂

__________________

10 missed calls and 16 texts.

Katherine ignored yet another phone call that night. Bella told Edward what had happened and he told Rosalie. A part of her wanted to show up to the Swan residence, but didn't want to scare Katherine more than she already was.

She knew deep down it was too good to be true.

"I'll talk to her." Bella told Edward that night over the phone.

"Katherine?" Bella knocked on her sisters door but got no response, the door was locked. She went into total lock down mode.

Katherine laid beneath the covers of her bed crying silently. This was too much for her right now. She just wanted to sleep or maybe wake up. Was this a dream? Deep down she knew it wasn't, it was now her new reality.

So many thoughts went through her head. She was lied to, everyone was.

"Kat please. Let me explain everything, there's so much you don't even know." Bella pleaded on the other side.

"Go away." Bella perked up. That was the first time she said anything since she locked herself away 2 hours ago. Bella repeatedly knocked on the door and bit by bit it was driving Katherine insane. "Stop!" She yelled.

"Are you going to open the door?"

"No." The knocking began again. Katherine groaned. She threw the blanket off and stomped over to her door, unlocking it before flinging the door open. "Will you fucking stop that!" Bella sighed in relief.

"Can you please listen to me?"

"There's nothing to say." She stated.

"Yes there is Kat, come on." She rolled her eyes. "I know it's scary but-"

"They killed Waylon!" She exclaimed. "The animal attacks? It doesn't add up, theres no way that they were killed by animals."

"I know." Bella says. "It was vampires but not them, not the Cullens. They don't feed on human blood." She stated. Katherine looked confused.

"What do you mean?" Bella sighed.

"Can I come in?" Katherine contemplated for a moment before shaking her head.

"Bella I'm tired and extremely annoyed right now. I just want to go to bed." She leaned her head against the door. Bella huffed.

"Fine, we'll talk tomorrow."

"Whatever." Katherine slammed her door shut before locking it again.

-

Rosalie paced back and forth in the living room.

"Rose relax, she'll come around." Emmett insisted.

"She's scared of me." She uttered. Rosalie was antsy, she wanted to go over there and try to talk to Katherine.

"That's not a good idea right now." Edward stated, reading her mind. Rosalie forced a sigh.

"What do I do? I can't just do nothing!" She exclaimed.

"She needs time. Bella is going to try and talk with her tomorrow. Fill her in on everything. It'll take time." Edward responds.

Rosalie sat down on the love seat putting her face in her hands.

"I can't lose her."

"You won't" Emmett assured her but Rosalie wasn't too sure about that.

-
Katherine stared at the black steaming hot liquid in front of her. It was Saturday morning, Charlie was called to the station so it was just Katherine and Bella who both sat at the table in the kitchen.

Bella had explained to Katherine everything she knew from the nomads, the Cullen's vegetarian diet and some of the Cullen's gifts. It was a lot.

"I don't know what to do." Katherine's voice faltered, newly tears formed. She quietly swore to herself. She was tired of crying.

"Talk to Rosalie." Katherine shook her head causing Bella to sigh. "Edward told me that's she's a mess right now. Rosalie genuinely cares about you Katherine! And I hate seeing you like this even if it's been like a day but I never saw you as happy as when you were with her." Katherine looked up at Bella.

"I need time. I promise I'll talk to her but I need time okay. I'm not like you Bella." Katherine stood up with her coffee, making her leave to her bedroom.

-

She remembered that night they began dating, it was a beautiful night. They laid there for hours just talking about anything and everything. Katherine never felt so content until that moment. The way Rosalie looked at her like she was the only girl in the world.

Tears stung her eyes. How could this have happened? Everything was going great and now it felt like it all fell apart.

Finally Katherine looked at the texts that littered her phone.

'Call me please'

'I can explain'

'I'm so sorry you had to find out this way.'

'Please call me back.'

'I'm sorry.'

'I know you're afraid but I would never hurt you."

She read the rest each one more pleading.

A part of her felt guilty but she had every right to feel what she's feeling right now. But a part of her wanted to call Rosalie, it was a strange feeling. She still cared but everything was crazy right now. She felt like she was in some teen supernatural drama or something. Vampire falls for the human and they get together. It was odd.

She felt that pang in her heart. She stared at her phone. She thought about calling but pushed that idea away.
-

The weekend seemed to drag on forever, in that time Katherine did a lot of thinking.

Rosalie and her sister saved her from being raped, and took her out for the day which helped not to fret over her father because of his friends death. And Bella wouldn't lie to her, no never. To date a vampire, how the hell do you do that? How will that work?

Katherine didn't know but she knew she couldn't avoid Rosalie forever.

That morning for school Katherine rode with Bella in the truck. When she got out she felt uncomfortable like their were eyes on her. She tried to keep it casual when looking around only to spot Rosalie across the parking lot looking her way. She quickly looked away.

"She hates me." Rosalie stated.

"She doesn't." Edward says. "Be patient."

-

The day went by faster than Katherine expected up until she got into English. Another day doing group work and due to her luck she was paired with Rosalie.

"Hey." Rosalie's voice was quieter almost timid almost afraid to talk to Katherine. Her heart was pounding in her chest which Rosalie mistook for fear until their desks were pushed together and Katherine grabbed Rosalie's hand.

~
Vote/Comment

robbstark_