Eight

I can't believe this story is at 25k! Again I'm grateful and thank you guys.

It took me sometime to even write this chapter since it's a filler chapter and I had no idea what to write. Writers block is a bitch.

__________________

Rosalie and Alice pulled up to the Swan residence around noon, Katherine inside getting ready, getting a late start due to sleeping in. She cursed her self after falling to the floor from slipping on her pajama pants that were on the hardwood floor.

Scrambling to get her things together grabbing her house keys and wallet into her small black handbag she got last Christmas from her mom.

Walking out she was careful to avoid the puddles in the walkway.

Alice instantly got out and moved to the back of Rosalie's car with a smile on her face. Katherine felt a blush creeping up on her face. She was greeted immediately by Alice.

"We're going to have so much fun!" Katherine chuckles.

"Hope it doesn't rain." Katherine commented.

"It won't." Alice replied confidently. Rosalie rolls her eyes.

Turning the radio up a bit, Rosalie puts the car in drive and drives off once Katherine's seat belt was on.

-

Apart of Katherine regretted going, she didn't realize how far Seattle was from the small town of Forks. Katherine leg was bouncing, she was getting antsy, not liking having to sit in a car for over 3 hours, but it was something to do.

The entirety of the car ride Alice was almost nonstop talking, chattering away, and Rosalie spoke more than Katherine's ever seen her.

"How about you Katherine?" Alice asked.

"Hm? Sorry I kinda spaced out there." She admitted her face turning pink. Rosalie glanced at her, her hair was braided to the side, strands of hair stuck out but she thought it looked cute on her.

Alice chuckled.

"I asked what colleges are you looking into. Rosalie tells me you're really smart."

"Well, I haven't really looked into that many colleges yet. It's still only my junior year." Alice tsked.

"It's good to get the application process done early." She commented causing Katherine to sigh.

"Yeah I know, i don't know, I'm not that worried about not getting into college. Don't mean to sound cocky but I'm pretty sure I don't have anything to worry about."

"What's your gpa at?" Rosalie asked curiously.

"3.9"

The two Cullen girls were impressed, Rosalie feeling a sense of pride in herself. Katherine was intelligent, more than she lets on. She felt lucky to know someone like her. She was imperfectly perfect in her eyes. Katherine was young and bright, she has great potential and can make a place for herself in this world, being granted something she herself can never have. A normal life.

Her grip on the steering wheel tightened as a sinking feeling slowly consumed her.

It will never work out, she could never take away her life which were full of opportunities. But right now she felt herself being sunken in too deep. Katherine had her held captive and she didn't even know it. The brunette wouldn't understand, the pull Rosalie has to her, her mate.

Rosalie turned off on the exit gaining closer to the city. She can tell Katherine isn't enjoying herself right now, noticing how restless she's become as she drove longer.

When they were finally in the city, Katherine looked in amazement. She hasn't been in the city before, she looked at some of the taller buildings, the multitude of cars that were driving to and fro.

"Turn left here." Alice instructed.

The first shop they came to was Studio RA. Rosalie found a parking spot, afterwards walking over to a parking meter and inserted some quarters. The boutique wasn't big but it wasn't small either. When they walked in a little bell chimed. They were greeted by one of the associates and asked if they needed help with anything.

"We'll be okay. Thank you." Alice smiled at the woman. Katherine wandered away from the two girls to browse. All the clothes were cute, but not her style, nor within her price range. Her eyes spotted a navy blue blouse with tiny white polka dots covering it. She picked it up and held it against her chest in front of the mirror which hung from the wall.

"That would look great on you!" Alice gushed, coming over.

"Yeah." She uttered, looking at the price tag, her eyes widening a bit. "Maybe not." She said putting it back on the rack. Alice instantly plucked it back up with a smile.

"It'll be my treat." Alice stated, turning to walk down an aisle with shoes.

"No you don't have to do that!" Katherine quickly walked over to Alice.

"This is what friends do." Katherine froze for a moment.

Friends.

She didn't have many of those, at least not in Forks.

"Relax it's fine. You can buy me Starbucks, how about that?" She quirked an eyebrow.

"I'd suggest you take it, she can be real stubborn." Rosalie commented behind Katherine who was looking at a pair of black heels.

"Um. Thanks." She told Alice.

"No problem."

-

They all sat at a table in Starbucks, Katherine bought everyone a drink. Shopping bags sat by their feet. Katherine was sipping away at her salted Carmel mocha latte. She noticed Alice and Rosalie hardly touched their drinks. Once in awhile they'd take a 'sip.' Katherine picked apart a sugar cookie, taking piece by piece in her mouth. They were here favorite.

"I'm going to run to the bathroom." Alice announced, getting up she left Rosalie and Katherine alone not before throwing Rosalie a wink causing Rosalie to glare slightly.

"So." Rosalie started off. "Are you enjoying yourself?"

"Yeah." She bobbed her head. "It's definitely a nice change of scenery." Rosalie chuckles.

"I think that's something we can both agree on." Katherine smiles. They're eyes locked and focused on the other.

"You're beautiful." She exhaled. Rosalie's eyes widened slightly but kept the same expression.

"You are too." She replied after going silent. Katherine's eyes glanced down to Rosalie's hand which was resting on the table. Hesitantly Katherine reaches out and takes it with her own. The action surprises Rosalie but she doesn't move, being still as a statue.

Her hand was cold to the touch.

"You're freezing!" She slightly exclaimed before rummaging through her handbag before pulling out a pair of black gloves before handing it to Rosalie. "Take these, I won't be needing them." Rosalie slowly took the gloves, looking back at Katherine. Her cold dead heart felt a bit of warmth, something she was unfamiliar with.

Katherine was the warmth.

"Thank you." It became silent. Katherine sipped on her lattee.

"Would you like to go out sometime?" Katherine nearly chokes on her drink. She looks at her surprised but then again is she really? She couldn't deny the brewing feelings she had for the blonde, so why would she say no?

"Yes."

~

Vote/Comment

robbstark_