Ten

Trigger warning:
Brief rape context

_________

She was running, running down further and further down an unending hallway.

"Katherine!"

Katherine fell crashing into the floor. A hand from the dark reached out and gripped her ankle, Katherine let out a blood curling scream as her legs were pushed apart.

"Dylan please." She begged. It was dark, so dark.

The room illuminated with a light, another figure appeared the light emanating off them. They had no face but they came closer, the light was almost blinding.

"Stop." Dylan was thrown back.

"Rosalie?" Instead of her usual gold colored eyes they were red. Rosalie turned her back to Katherine and lunged towards 'Dylan.'

Katherine sat straight up, gasping for air.

"Rosalie?"

Red colored eyes met her.

"Stupid girl." She said.

Katherine was confused but that quickly changed as Rosalie lunged for her, digging her fangs into her neck.

Katherine screamed her body thrashing beneath her blankets. Charlie and Bella came barging in.

"Kat!" Charlie went over to the girl, shaking her awake. With a gasp Katherine shot up. "It's just a dream." Katherine hugged her father tightly as she weeped. Bella stood by the door her heart racing. Edward told her about her dream before she left to help her sister.

Katherine was starting to catch on Bella thought but Edward said she had nothing to worry about, not yet at least.

Charlie awkwardly hugged his daughter back but in all honesty it was nice even though it was under different circumstances. He missed this, his daughters. He was happy they were both there despite him not completely showing it.

The next morning, Katherine trudged her way to Rosalie's car, missing breakfast due to waking up late.

"Are you okay?" Rosalie reaches over grabbing Katherine's hand causing her to flinch.

"Yeah sorry." She yawned. "I had a nightmare last night since then I've been in and out of sleep."

Rosalie knew about the dream and it scared her. Afraid of what Katherine would think if or when she found out about her. She didn't want to be the cause of pain and fear for Katherine. Never.

"Well..." Rosalie drifted off checking the time. "Wanna grab a coffee at the diner before school? I doubt with your grades your first period teacher would mind you being a little late." She smirked lightly. A smile twitched on Katherine's features.

"I'd like that." Their hands interlocked, Katherine starting to get use to Rosalie's cold skin, didn't shiver this time.

-

Parking out front they released each other's hands before making their way into the cozy diner.

"Shouldn't you be in school?" Cora the waitress asked looking at her disapprovingly. Katherine smiled.

"We're only grabbing a quick coffee before school." She hummed.

"Sit wherever you like." She said. Rosalie trailed behind Katherine as they sat across each other in a booth. Cora shortly came over with two mugs, pouring the girls their coffee.

"Thank you." She nodded before walking over to the bar area. Katherine blew the top of the black swirling liquid before taking a sip. She sighed in relief as the not too hot liquid filled her with warmth. Rosalie watched her fondly, Katherine noticed.