Twenty

Im so sorry guys for the very long wait, I didn't see myself coming back but here I am! Please give me feedback it's been so long since I wrote. And hopefully I can finish this story by the end of 2020!
_

November

Halloween came and passed. Katherine sat on the couch watching whatever was on tv, she wore sweats and a hoodie. Charlie was outside raking leaves and Bella was locked away in her room. Katherine got it. She wanted to do the same but she forced herself to at least try to go back to feeling normal, she still had a life to plan, applying to colleges, scholarships and financial aid it was a lot, but she did it.

Charlie didn't know she was smoking, so sneaking out back she brought out the tiny bottle of body spray she had that was kept in her pocket along with cigs and lighter. She stood against the house and sparked up the cigarette.

That drag filled her with temporary relief. This was one of the things that made it easier. Nasty habit she admits she's not proud of but it was all temporary. Like pain, it's just....temporary.

-

Katherine turned on her side staring at the blank lilac wall in front of her. She kept inside her room, lost in her thoughts. Her eyes closed and she felt a bask of comfort, imagining Rosalie's cool arms around her, she felt at peace. Her eyes open and the weight fell heavy on her. The hole that resides over two months later aches.

Rosalie laid across Katherine's bed her head propped up against her hand, the brunette sat at her desk tapping away on her computer.

"You've been at it since we got here, why don't you take a little break?" Rosalie suggested as she sat up before standing to walk over to her girlfriend. Cool hands clasped down on the humans shoulders, slowly but softly massaging it. The brunette sighed leaning back her head grazed Rosalie. She looked at the time on her computer which read 5:36. She stood up and walked around the chair, wrapping her arms around Rosalie, pecking her on the lips. Rosalie smiled which Katherine returned. She stared into her eyes and all she could think was that she never wanted to leave.

Katherine's eyes snapped open when her cellphone began to ring, letting out a sigh she reached over and looked at the caller ID.

Unknown caller

Katherine clicked the red phone button forwarding the number to voicemail. Dropping it besides her she moved to lay on her other side, getting comfortable again. A small tapping came at the door. Unmoving she allowed the taps to continue until they stopped. Small footsteps patted away from the door.

Katherine sat up pushing hair from her face. It felt like weights clung to her, wanting to pull her back down. Throwing the blanket off she swung her legs off the bed. The hardwood was cold against her bare feet as she quietly patted over to her desk where her untouched homework sat. The first marking period was over, the second already starting two weeks prior and she had a D in three of her classes.

Katherine felt ashamed of herself. She never allowed herself anything below a B- but here she was. Pulling back her desk chair she sat herself down before it all. It all looked so much but it had to be done. Katherine was smart, she had a future going for her with numerous colleges after her. She wasn't sure as to what she wanted to be, career wise but she could do or be anything.

She has a future, Katherine keeps reminding herself. Adjusting her hair into a bun she got to work.

__________
I'm sorry for the short chapter I'm still struggling but I'm trying I need to get back into reading more I started a new job and I work with kids all day.

robbstark_