Twenty eight

I hope everyone had a good holiday and a good new years! We have two more chapters left of this book, I plan on ending the book on an even number so their will be 30 chapters of this story. I want to thank you guys, if it wasn't for you guys I don't think I would of completed this story! And another thing 200k!?!? That's wild, thank you guys!

_____________

The days have started to grow quiet ever since Jacob was told about Victoria. Bella and Katherine hardly left the house unless to go to school or work. Katherine was growing a bit antsy. She was as anxious as ever, she felt like a sitting duck while playing cat and mouse. She trusted the wolves after she got more assurance from Jacob but she still had her doubts. Moments like these Katherine wished the Cullens never left. It hurt to think about them. She still felt that sense of loss and near betrayal for just picking up and leaving. But if she remembered what Bella told her it led her to that feeling of blame towards Edward. She tried to push passed those feelings because she knew it would lead her no where.

A chime of the cellphone brought Katherine back down to Earth. It was a cloudy Saturday, Katherine had off today so she spent them finishing up the college applications she started a few weeks ago. She did not know her sisters plans for college but she however finally had a career plan, it took months between her depression and everything else in life to figure out what she wanted to do with it and she decided Katherine Swan was going to become Dr. Katherine Swan. Katherine wanted to become a psychologist, she wanted to help people who were in similar circumstances as she was and the thought of that made Katherine happy, she started to feel like she had a purpose in life, which is to help others the way she herself needed help. Though she never had that kind of help but she did have Rosalie. Had.

A light knocking on the door brought her attention to Bella who stood in her doorway.

"I'm going out. Don't wait up." With a thumbs up she laid back down in her bed where she drifted off into sleep.

"Katherine."

A gasp escaped her lips as she spun around to reveal the forest, dark and desolate.

"Katherine." She spun around again to find no one. The feeling of panic and dread cast over her, she felt a shadow envelop her.

"Katherine."

"Where are you!?" Katherine screamed out, tears began to brim her eyes.

"I'm right here." A cool hand rested on her left shoulder causing her to quake. She slowly turned around and gasped when she saw Rosalie standing there. Her eyes glowed brighter than usual, like fluorescent lights. Her skin shined an ivory color in the moonlight. Her heart pounded in her chest as she felt everything crumbling around her. Rosalie intertwined their hands bringing them to her plump pink lips, placing a soft kiss on both of them.

"Rose." Katherine wrapped her arms around her, feeling herself melt away in Rosalie's embrace.

"Now that's more like it." Her eyes widen as her head snaps up to reveal Victoria. A sinister grin twisted on her face. Her red eyes glowed in the dark. With one swift grab Katherine was dangling in the air, feeling the oxygen leave her body.

"H-help!" She choked out.

"No one's here to save you. You're all alone."

"N-no!" She sobbed.

Katherine shot up from bed, her eyes looking all around in search for Victoria. To her relief no one was there only her. A sigh left her lips as she realized how long she slept for. It was already dusk meaning she's been asleep the whole afternoon. A heavy feeling weighed down in her chest as she laid back to adjust to reality. Images from her dream played through her mind and she didn't realize she was crying until a tear slid slowly down her face. Wiping it away she sat back up and got out of bed. She headed towards the bathroom when she heard a door close downstairs. From what she saw it was still dark down there. She knew Charlie wasn't coming back until late and Bella....she had no idea where her sister was. Katherine went and did her business, it was not until she came back out that she started to feel eyes on her.