Twenty six

Katherine stood outside besides Leah, Jacob and Mike who were all waiting for Bella to come back with her and Jacobs ticket.

"So, Face Punch, huh? You like action movies?" Jacob stood there wearing dark jeans and a black long sleeve, his hair parted back in a pony. Mike stood there looking paler then usual, beams of sweat glistened against the light from the theater.

"Not really." Mike looked around the crowd of people who came to purchase their movie tickets.

"I heard it sucks. Bad." Leah rolled up the sleeves of the grey pull-over she wore feeling a bit warm even it was a cool night.

"You know, are you even old enough to see this movie? I mean, you know, without, like, adult supervision?" Leah snickered and Katherine bit back a smile.

"Right, yeah. Well, she's buying my ticket for me."

"Buying it, okay." The hairs on the back of Katherines neck stuck up when she felt a soft breath against her ear when Leah whispered,

"Am I the only one seeing the tension here?" Katherine smiled and shook her head. They stood against a store window their voices low enough for them to hear.

"Mike's had a thing for Bella since we moved here and with the amount of time Jake and Bella spent together I think Jake might like her too but I'm not sure." Katherine whispered to Leah who nodded. Just then Bella came over with tickets in hand.

"Jessica bailed, and Angela got the stomach flu, so Eric's taking care of her. It's just us five." She glanced over to her sister and her friend Leah. Bella was surprised when she heard Leah was invited, she didn't know Kat and her were friends.

"Great." Jacob said enthusiastically.

"Great." Mike replied devoid of emotion, he didn't seem too happy.

-

Jake was right, Katherine thought. This movie did suck, from the cgi and the over use of gore it reminded Katherine of some cheap shooting game. The acting was sub par and the storyline was more so inconsistent if anything. She sighed as she tried to sink further in her seat as she watched the mechanical gun spray across the screen leaving the theater booming with screams and guns.

"Okay, I think I'm gonna throw up." Mike announced before quickly leaving the seated row. Katherine looked over to see Bella and Jake trailing after him.

"Do you think we should follow?" Katherine leaned towards Leah to try and not disturb the other movie goers. Leah glanced towards the exit before shaking her head.

"What can we do about it?" She was right so she leaned back in her seat.

"Pass the popcorn." The half empty bag was passed over so she grabbed a handful shoving it in her mouth. Leah chuckled catching sight of it. Katherine smiled.

After a couple more minutes of guys swearing and killing people Bella came back into the theater and sat down besides her sister her turned to look at her.

"Mike has the flu and Jake is coming down with it too I think. I need to drive him home." Katherine sighed preparing to get her things together but Leah stopped her.

"I can drive you home." Katherine looked at her.

"You don't have to do that." She said.

"Shhh." Someone who sat behind them shushed them harshly. Katherine shot a glare back at the person before looking at Leah then Bella.

"I guess I'll see you at home then." Katherine whispered. Bella grabbed her sweater and got back up leaving the theater.

-

After that night Jacob Black started to act strange. Katherine heard all about Jacob and Bella's conversation from her sister which confirmed Katherine's suspicions. After the way it ended Jacob has become a ghost over the next two weeks. Bella in the meantime has been trying to get ahold of him but she was always sent right to voicemail which didn't sit right with her or Katherine.

Quite frankly the situation annoyed Katherine greatly. For the first time in awhile Bella was acting more like her usual brooding self but now with Jacob acting strange Katherine fears her sister will fall back into being a recluse, well more than she already was. And with that thought intact she decided she was going to confront Jacob about it since he was screening her calls and texts as well.

Katherine felt jittery as she sped down the road towards the reservation the wipers swept rapidly across the window to wipe away the rain that relentlessly fell. She slowed down in her jeep to make a turn down the road. Within minutes she pulled up to the Black residence. Billy's truck sat out front which means there was a good chance Jacob was there. She watched a tan shirtless figure leave the house, their hair was cropped short and she swore she saw a tattoo on their arm.

Katherine slammed the drivers side door shut behind her as she marched her way over.

"Jacob Black!" She called out as she jogged to catch up. The boy froze on the spot he faced the woods his back to her. He turned back to look at her, Katherine stood there surprised to see it was in fact Jacob.

"You cut your hair?" She looked down at the tribal tattoo on his upper arm. "And got a tattoo?" He stood their quietly getting drenched in the rain but he didn't seem to mind, Katherine on the other hand was already freezing in the rain. "Bella has been trying to reach you."

"Katherine. Go home." His voice was stern but wavered.

"No!" She snapped.

"I thought you were too sick to go outside, or pick up the phone when you were called. What the hell is going on with you Jake? Everything was fine before the movies, if this is about what Bella said-"

"It's not that!" He snapped, his shoulders shook slightly as he turned away.

"Then what is it Jake because all I see is you running away."

"I'm trying to keep her safe! Which is more than what can be said about those blood suckers you love so much the Cullens." Hearing those words come out of his mouths made Katherines whole body tense up.

"What are you talking about?"

"You can't lie to me. I promised Bella that I would keep her safe and this is me doing that. Go home Katherine and don't come back." She scoffed.

"You know what Jacob, you're just a coward!" She now glared at him with piercing nearly black eyes. " The fact of the matter is you're just running away because Bella wasn't ready to take that step with you. She told me what happened that night so don't be coy. Bella likes you Jake you're her best friend and if it wasn't for you I don't know what she would be like right now. But if you really think distancing yourself from her is your best option at least be man enough to tell her instead of ignoring her because that'll just make things worse for her. But if you make her cry I will be paying you a visit with my dads rifle and we can see whose crying then." With that Katherine stomped away and back to the warmth of her jeep.

~

Unedited

Vote/Comment

robbstark_