Chapter 16: "Queen Bee"

"Your little boyfriend is cute," Zack snickers, walking up beside me after school lets out.

"Ha ha. Very funny," I punch him in the arm lightly.

He chuckles, "So, whatcha doin' this afternoon?"

I shrug, "I was planning on going to Barnes & Noble, then to Micheal's."

"Micheal's? Who is Micheal?" He asks with a bit of jealousy in his voice.

I chuckle, "It's an Arts and Crafts store."

He blushed lightly, "Oh."

I giggle, "Yep."

He nods, still blushing, "Sounds cool. Mind if I tag along?"

I grin, "Not at all."

We had just walked out of the school building and was making our way to the bus when none other then Chelsea Ray walks up to us. Followed by Ivy Goodman and Rachel Baxster.

Chelsea Ray is the "Queen Bee" of the school. She's just a bit shorter then I am and has long, dark brown, curly hair. All the guys bow down to her. She's the most popular and richest kid in the school.

Snobby bitch, I think to myself.

Ivy Goodman isn't as popular or rich. She has wavy blonde hair that falls to just below her shoulders and hazel eyes. She really it's that bad once you get to know her. But I hate her just the same.

Last but not least, Rachel Baxster. She's tall and has straight red hair which is pulled up into a ponytail and contacts. She use to be best friends with Ashley and I.

Remember when I told you about Tristan Allen being the reason I lost one of my friends the preps- or popular people? Well, this is that friend.

She use to wear her hair down and have big dorky glasses, which Ask and I loved. She was, and still is, really smart. Rachel, Ashley, and I use to be inseparable. But Tristan got into the picture. He filled her head with lies. He turned her against us. She left us to join the popular group. Ashley and I were heartbroken, we were like sisters. We learned to deal with after awhile. We still miss her a lot. We would ways go shopping and Rach would help us pick out outfits. She had an amazing sense of style.

Seeing her glare at me like she is now breaks my heart all over again.

"Hey, Skyliar, " she says snidely with a glare

"Hey, Rachel," I say and send her a sad smile.

She scoffs and looks away.

I turn to Zack who happens to be drooling over the 3 and place a hand on his arm. He slowly looks at me. "We should probably getting going," I say.

Chelsea puts a hand on Zack's chest, "What's the hurrying?"

I glare and pull Zack by the arm, out of her range. "I'd rather not miss the bus," I snarl.

I grab Zack's hand and pull him towards the bus.

Once on the bus I let go of Zack's hand quickly and sit with Randy. Zack sits behind us.

"What's your problem?" Randy asks, surprised I didn't sit with Zack.

"We just ran into the 3 bitches who think they rule the school and all your idiot brother did was stand and drool over them."

Randy turns around and stares at his brother in astonishment for a few moments before turning back to me. "Ash and I ran into them, too. They red head tried to flirt with me," he shudders.

"That's Rachel. She use to be mine and Ash's best friend," I smile sadly.

"What happened?" Zack asks, finally speaking up.

I avert their eyes as I begin to talk, "We were like the Golden Trio, inseparable. But one day, Tristan Allen came and changed all that. They got together and we barely saw her anymore. Ash and I hated it but we were just happy that she was happy. He filled her head with lies. He told her we were just using her because she was smarter then both of us. He told her we were just pretending to be her friends. She stopped hanging out with us and soon just stopped talking to us altogether." All the tears I had been holding back finally fall. Randy pulls me into his arms while I continue to croak out the story. "Ashley and I...we...we tried so hard to her back. W-we tried s-so hard to get her to see he was l-lying to her. N-nothing we d-did s-seemed to work. She was the b-better of all t-three of us. She left us just because some stupid jerk was jealous that I wouldn't go out with him."

I cry into Randy's shoulder while Zack rubs my back.

"I-I'm sorry," Zack stutters, "I...didn't know."

"Of course not," I growl with a lot more harshness then I meant to, "But now you do."

He winces and pulls his hand back.

I sniffle and wipe my hands over my eyes and face before standing up, the bus had arrived at my stop.

"I... I think I'm just gonna stay home tonight, Zack. T-thanks for offering to come along to the bookstore and stuff with me though."

I send him an apologetic smile and hurry off the bus.

~~~~~

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've been busy with school work and stuff.

But, now we have this whole week off due to 10 inches of snow. Crazy, right? Lol.

Anyways, thanks to those who have been patient enough to wait for this update.

I tried to make it longer and more detailed then the others.

I'll try to update more. I can't promise anything though.

I love you, my little roxers! xoxo

Comment what you think!

Don't forget to Vote!

-Lainey