Chapter 18: "Sky please..."

I feel Randy's strong arms wrap around my waist and pull me into his lap. He kisses my forehead gently and rocks me back and forth while I sob into his shoulder.

"Shh. Shh. It's okay, Sky," he whispers soothingly into my ear.

It seems like ages before I finally find my voice. "H-how could he d-do that? He k-knows how much I hate her. Why..." my voice trails off as my crying increases. If music wasn't blasting from the party, everybody would've thought I was a dying cat.

Ashley comes sits beside us on the floor. She runs my back and says, "I told you that you shouldn't go in there. I didn't want to see you get hurt."

"I...I'm so stupid. I s-should've listened to you," I choke out.

Ashley shakes her slightly, "It's better for you to find out this way. If we would've told us, you wouldn't have believed us."

I nod my head and sniffle, "I wouldn't've."

She nods, "Exactly."

After a minute or two, I sniffle and stand up. I walk over to Randy's desk and grab my backpack. Sitting on his bed, I pull out his present. "Sorry it isn't wrapped. I didn't have any wrappi-"

He cuts me off my ripping the hoodie out of my grip, "I love it!" He holds it up so Ashley can see it and grins. It's an orange Camp Half-Blood hoodie. If he flips inside out, it's a purple Camp Jupiter hoodie, "Where'd you find this?"

I smile slightly and blush, "I made it."

He pulls it over his head before pulling me into a bone crushing hug, "I've been wanting one of these for forever."

"Can't....breathe," I choke out.

His laugh shakes through his whole body as he lets me go, "Sorry."

I giggle slightly, "Good thing you have a friend that's taken Fashion Design every year since middle school. Happy birthday, Randy."

He chuckles, "Friend? Your my best friend. Besides Ash of course."

He leans around me and winks at Ashley who blushes and bright red.

"Bestfriends"? Zack and I we're suppose to be best friends...maybe even

After I moment of them sending flirtatious looks back and forth they look at me worried. I haven't said anything for a while.

I feel two pairs of arms wrap around me as I being to cry again, "I'm so pathetic. If he really liked me, he wouldn't have done that. I shouldn't be crying. I told you he didn't like me."

Ignoring whatever they said, I crawl under the covers on Randy's bed and block out the world.

-----

I wake to the sound of two familiar voices arguing. Where am I again?

"Dude! Just let me talk to her!"

"Stop shouting, Zack! You'll wake her!"

Oh. I must've fell asleep in Randy's bed.

I roll over pretending I'm still asleep and come in contact with someone. I open one eye slowly to see Ashley quietly putting her finger to her lip. I blink once, 'okay'.

She closes her eyes and I do the same.

"Please... Let me talk to her..." Zack asks quietly.

"No," Randy says harshly.

"Why?"

"For one, she's asleep. Second, you hurt her. You need to let her cool off before you try to talk to her. She's really hurt. She could barely give me my birthday present with a smile. But it was sweet she tried. She wanted to make up with you today. Even Ash and I knew she would. Even if she didn't know it herself." I heard Randy say in one breath.

"Woah. Breathe, dude. Please just let me talk to her. Even if she won't talk to me back."

"She won't forgive you. Not yet."

"I...I don't care. I just need her to listen." I hear somebody come closer to and the bed sink beside me.

"Sky.... Sky.... Skylar please.... I know you're awake...." I grunt and shift slightly closer to Ashley. "At least you're awake. Look, I know you won't forgive me anytime soon. And I'm defiantly not going to stop you." He hesitates, "I-I like Chelsea. And you should except that. You had your chance and you choose to i-ignore me," he chokes.

My heart breaks at his words and tears find their way down my face. I feel Ashley wrap her arms around me and Zack being ripped from off the bed.

"What the hell was that?!"

"I just wanted her to listen... and she did," Zack leaves the room without another word.

~~~~~

I sowwy they didn't make up. Things like this take time.

It'll get better, I promise.

Comment what you guys think.
Vote.

(Edited)

I love you guys, my little roxers! xoxo

-Lainey

(P.S. I didn't go back and read over this, so sorry if there is any mistakes. I'm really tired.)