Chapter 10: Sleepover (Part 1)

"So, tell me everything that happened," Ashley says excitedly, jumping in anticipation when I sit down next to her at the breakfast table.

"Umm...well," I feel my cheeks heat up and scratch the back of my neck nervously.

"Oooooh, something went down. Tell me," she says seriously.

So I tell her. From the point Zack and I met at the park to when he walked home. I told her about the kiss and how I felt. Then I told her about what I said this morning.

She slaps my arm, "Dude! He likes you!"

I pout, "How can he? I only met him yesterday."

She shrugs, "I don't know. It's possible he does. You like him and only met him yesterday."

I laugh quietly and shake my head slightly, "I don't think he does, Ash."

"You don't believe me?" she asks.

I shake my head.

"Well, let's go ask him, shall we?" she stands up and holds out her hand.

I shake my head vigorously.

She huffs, "Fine. I'll go by myself." She runs out of the cafeteria and outside.

"Oh, jeez," I say quietly to myself and run after her. "Ashley!"

When I finally catch up to her she's breathing heavily. Zack and Randy are only 10 feet away, sitting under a tree.

"Don't-you-dare," I say, taking breaths between each word.

"I want to know," she says catching her breath. Then, before I could stop her, she runs over to Zack. "Hey, Zack! Do you lik-"

I tackle her to the ground and cover her mouth with my hands. She tries to lick my fingers but it doesn't phase me. She tries to push me off, but I pin her arms down with my legs. She also tries to yell at Zack and Randy to help but I give them a look that says "I'll do worse to you".

"Don't," I glare at her dangerously.

She goes quiet and stops struggling.

"Wine," she mumbles.

I uncover her mouth, "What?"

"Fine. I won't do it. But you're gonna find out that I'm right soon enough."

I get off of her and brush myself off, "I'm sure I will." I offer her my hand.

"You will," she says with a tone of certainty, taking my hand.

"She'll find out what?" the twins ask confused.

"Nothing," we say.

Randy gives Ashley and I weird look while Zack stares at me with a slight smile.

I blush and look at the ground.

Ashley looks between us both and huffs, "Come on, Sky. We need to start heading to class."

-------

I unlock the door to my house and walk in.

"The guys should be here soon," I tell Ashley.

We put our stuff down on the living room couch.

"Maybe you can ask Zack if he likes you," she winks.

I shake my head slightly, "I can't, Ash. These things take time. There's no need to rush."

She groans and flops down on the couch, "Fiiiiiine."

I chuckle, "Well, we should head to the basement and get the sleepover ready."

I walk down the stairs and flick the light on. Down here is where Ash and I usually come for sleepovers. There's a huge pile of pillows and blankets lining one wall, with a mini fridge. On the opposite wall is huge flat screen with a built in entertainment center right below it. On that is an Xbox 360, Xbox games, and a bunch of books.