Chapter 24

"You...you were there... You were alive...but then...you...you turned pale and c-cold....." he chokes out finally. "You were d-dead... You had scratches and burns everywhere... You yelled at me... You told me it was m-my fault that you were d-dead. That I...I left you three while I went back to that 'excuse for a human being'... You started coming towards me...yelling at me... You were just about to touch me when I -I woke up," he cries, wrapping his arms tightly around me. He's afraid that this is just a dream, too.

"I'm here. I'm alive. I'm okay, Zack. It's okay. It was just a dream. It was just a dream," I whisper soothingly in his ear, stroking his hair while he sobs into my shoulder. I feel Zack nod, but he doesn't say a word.

We sit there for a while until Zack's crying subsides. "Will you...cuddle with me now?" He asks shyly.

I smile, "Of course." I crawl under the covers and lay next to Zack, my head propped up on a pillow. He lays down with an arm around my waist and his head on my arm.

As I watch him fall back to sleep, I can't help but notice how peaceful his face looks. It's like he went from being 17 to 8 in a matter of seconds. He doesn't have a care in the world about what's happening around him at this very moment. It's soothing.

But I also couldn't help thinking about what he had said last night in the library. Does he really love me?

I shake my head slightly, "Impossible. Why would you like a girl like me? I'm just a nerd like your brother." I sigh and lay my head back, closing my eyes.

"Because you're you," I hear him whisper. I feel him get up slightly so he's leaning over me. "You're beautiful and smart and funny. You light my world. When we got here... I thought it'd be the same routine. People pretending to be my friend. People using me and telling me I'm not good enough. Then I met you...you're strong and confident. You believed in me when no one else- except for my brother- would. You changed my life."

I open my eyes slowly to see him smiling down at me. I blush, "Are you gonna kiss me, or what?"

He chuckles and shakes his head slightly before bending down and connecting his lips with mine. I know we've shared a few kisses before, but this one is different. I feel warmth spread through my body and butterflies erupting in my stomach.

I smile against his lips and slowly wrap my arms around his neck, deepening the kiss. He gently lowers himself just enough that he isn't squishing me, but our stomachs are still touching. I run my hands through his hair, focused on the moment.

I wish it never had to end, but sadly, my wish didn't come through.

Zack pulls away slowly and rests his forehead on mine, breathing heavily.
"I mean what I said, Sky. I really do. I know we haven't known each other that long, but I-I," he stutters, "I love you."

I smile at him a giggle, "You're cute when you stutter." He blushes and looks, "I love you, too, Zack."

He looks back at my in shock for a few moments before breaking into a grin.

~~~~~

I'm sorry that it's so short! I'm on the bus and thought I'd post a filler chapter!

Is it good? Yes? No...?

Comment what you think!
Vote!

I love you guys, my little roxers! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo _____ xD