Chapter 6: The Mall (Zack's POV)

"So, where do you want to go first?" Skylar asks me as we walk into the mall.

"Journey's," I say, "I need new converse."

"Okay," Skylar says.

Once we get to Journey's I go and look at the Vans while Sky looks at the Converse.

As I'm looking I see a variety of different colors and designs. Finally, I settle with a pair of purple vans. I love the color purple.

After finding the right size I head over to where Sky is, "See anything you like?"

She jumps and spins around, "Zack! You scared me!"

"Sorry," I put my hands up in defense.

She giggles, "It's cool. Just don't do it again." She pokes me in the chest with her finger.

"I'll try not to," I laugh. "So, seen any you like?"

"Yeah...," her voice trails off.

"Which ones?" I ask.

"Umm...," she refuses to answer.

She doesn't want me to but them for her, I think to myself. I see her glance at a pair with a galaxy design on it. Before she can protest, I grab the shoes and pay for them along with mine.

"You didn't have to do that," She says as she grabs the bag from my hand with her shoes in it.

"Oh, but I did," I smile.

She chuckles, "Yes, sir." She salutes me.

I laugh, "You're so silly."

"I know!" she skips ahead, "So, where to next?"

"Hot Topic," I say.

"Ooh. Great. I loooove their shirts."

"Omg, so do I!" I say in a high pitched, girly voice.

She doubles over with laugher, "Never.....do that.....again!"

"No promises," I grin.

She rolls her eyes and walk into Hot Topic.

"What about this?" I say and hold up a dark purple, low-cut, sleeveless, Sleeping with Sirens shirt.

"Isn't that for girls?" she asks.

I chuckle, "I didn't say it was for me."

"Oh," she blushes.

I laugh. "I'm getting it, along with this and this." I say pulling random shirts of the racks.

"Some of those are for you, right?" she asks.

"Of course," I say in an obvious tone.

She chuckles, "Just making sure."

While we check out the cashier gives me a weird look. What? Can't we have matching shirts?

After that we stop by Claire's where I buy Sky a cute little bracelet with an "S" on it. We also stop by Old Navy where we both get a few pairs of skinny jeans. Then we decided to stop by the Food Court.

"So, what do you want to do after this?" She asks sitting down and taking a sip of her banana smoothie.

"I was thinking of texting Randy to come get us and we can all hang out at your place," I say and sit down across from her.

She smiles. "That sounds like an awesome idea. I barely know you and yet you've already bought me so much. But don't worry, I'll pay you back," She says, then adds quickly, "And don't you dare try to stop me."

I groan in protest. "But Skyyyyyy," I whine.

"No buts," she says sternly. "I don't care how long it takes me, I'm paying you back."

I groan but don't say anything.

I look up just in time to see none other then Tristan Allen glaring at me from behind Skylar.

"Well, well, well. Look what we have here. The New Kid on a date with my girl," he says. "I thought you had a project to finish tonight?"

Skylar turns toward him, "I finished it."

"Uh-huh. Sure. Cause you totally didn't blow me off for this loser," he says sarcastically.

"And what if I did?" she sneers, "I'm not your woman!"

"Oh, really?" he says, grabbing her around the waist and pulling her towards him.

"Really. Now let me go," she says while trying to get out of his grip. He doesn't listen, of course.

"Hey, man! Let her go!" I shout. This dude is seriously getting on my nerves.

Tristan tightens his grip around her waist, making her whimper.

I yell, "Dude! You're hurting her!"

"Am I? I didn't notice," Tristan says but grips me tighter. She cries out in pain.

Then next thing I know, I'm tackling Tristan to the floor. I pin his arms above his head and start telling at him. "You're a jerk, you know that? When a girl tells you to let her go, you let her go! You were hurting her!"

"And what are you gonna do about it, huh?" Tristan asks, "She's a babe. Nice curves, nice breast, nice as..."

Oh no. He did not just say that, I think. That was the wrong thing to say because before Tristan could finish, I punch him in the face.

"You're suppose to respect a lady, not treat her like a toy!" I yell before kicking him in the side and standing up.

"I'll get you back for this, Newbie. Just you wait," Tristan promises as he stands up.

I sneer, "Come on, Skylar." I pick our bags up and lead the way out of the mall.

Once outside, we sit on a park bench and wait for Randy to arrive.

"Are you alright?" I hear Skylar ask.

"Just peachy," I growl. "Look, I'm really sorry about what happened back there. A beautiful girl like you shouldn't be looked at as a toy. You deserve a guy that respects you for you."

She nods her head, "Yeah."

"I'm serious, Sky. I might've just met you this morning, but I've been around you long enough to know that you're a really nice and sweet girl. You're beautiful, smart, creative, and just overall amazing. You deserve a guy that'll treat you right. Not some jerk like Tristan," I say while looking her in the eyes.

"Thanks," she blushes.

"Anytime," I say.

Before we could stop yourselves, we're both start leaning in, our eyes closed. Our lips are centimeters away from each other. I can feel the warmth of her breath against my face. Just before our lips are about to touch, I hear a car honk and Sky jumps away.

I curse under my breath.

I scratch the back of my neck, "Uhh, sorry." I give her a nervous laugh.

"It's cool," she says meekly before grabbing her bags and hopping in the back of Randy's car.

"Perfect timing, dude," I glare at him.

"Sorry, bro," he says with a wink. "Now, get in or I'll leave you here."

~~~~~

I hope you guys liked it!

If you want to contact me, mention me in your tweets! @Lainey_5SOS

Also, go follow a separate account I made for fun! It'd mean so much if you guys would check it out! @QuotesOfTheAge

Thanks!

Love you! xx