Chapter 8

We were finally able to board the flight and fortunately, I got the window seat. Yuzu's mom had gotten the aisle seat, leaving Yuzuru with the middle seat.

He continues to grumble as he places his bag over head, and waits for me to sit down. I laugh at him and scoot my way into the aisle. I plop down into my seat, Yuzuru following behind me.

He sits down, grabbing Pooh from his mom and placing it into my lap.

"Why'd you give me pooh? I have to put my seat belt on." I place pooh at the edge of my knees, securing myself in the seat. I safely place pooh back into my lap and turn to Yuzuru.

I hear the clicking of the bustling movements around us, and Yuzuru leans into my ear.

"I know you're afraid of flying and heights, so Pooh-San and I will keep you safe." He leans back and grabs onto my hand, placing it into his jacket pocket. (pocket jacket?)

I can feel my cheeks heat up and my hand comfortably resting in his pocket. He turns to the front of the aircraft and we listen to the flight attendant as she lists out the different rules and regulations we need to follow.

I grab Pooh with my free hand, placing him in between the both of us. I lean towards the window to see what was happening outside, paying no attention to the flight attendant, as I've been on planes a bunch of times.

The sun had risen and was shining brightly outside of the window. I squint my eyes trying to see the people at the bottom of the plane direct traffic so the plane could get out of its parking spot.

I watch as we slowly back out of the loading area, and turn towards the front again, shutting the window. I close my eyes to calm myself down.

I feel the grip of Yuzu's hand tighten as we we get faster down the runway, slowly going up. I grip Yuzu's hand trying to stay as calm as possible. We steadied out and I was finally able to open my eyes. I look over at Yuzuru, who's already looking at me, and smile.

"Thank you for making me feel safe." He looks down at me and smiles. He leans his head on my shoulder and faces the front of the aircraft.

"No problem tiny." I scrunched my eyebrows, and tried turning to him, but I was stuck in the position. I sigh, and turn towards the person in front of me, closing my eyes, and falling asleep.

~

We had a layover flight in Tokyo and had to walk to the next terminal. I grabbed my overhead bag and Pooh as we waited for the line in front of us to shorten.

"How was your nap?" I asked Yuzuru. I had woken up prior to us landing, and Yuzu was out, dead. He fell asleep with his mouth open and he had finally woke up when the airplane had landed.

"It was fine. Thanks for being my pillow." I laugh, and stretch my back. "No problem."

The line finally starts to move and we make our way off of the airplane. The flight attendants greet us as we walk off.

Before we can walk off, one of the flight attendants stop us. "Excuse me," she grabs a piece of paper and a pen out of her pocket. "Do you think the both of you can sign this?" Yuzu and I look at each other and snicker.

Yuzu grabs the piece of paper resting it on the wall of the aircraft. He signs it, and hands it to me. I proceed to sign it and hand it back to the lady.

"Arigato~" She bows down and we bow back in respect.

We walk behind Yuzu's mom in silence, until we make eye contact. We end up giggling our butts off, and we aren't able to stop until Yuzu's mom told us to shut up.

We shut our mouths and sat down at our next gate, waiting for the next plane.

"Wahhhh, you're famous!" I shake him a little, causing him to start smiling again.

"You're famous too! She asked for your signature as well!" I roll my eyes and cross my arms.

"She probably only did that because of my jacket." He looks down at my jacket seeing it had the custom team logo, accompanied with my name and flag.

"I mean, that's hard to catch. You're still famous." He squeezes my cheeks and I hit him back.

We end up bickering for awhile, until we got scolded by Mrs. Hanyu.

vote + comment !!!