chapter 35

vote + comment please !!!

apr. 1, 2012

i pushed Yuzuru across the ice, his knees bent so he wouldn't fall. He turned around, coming back after me, so I skated in the other direction, hoping he wouldn't catch up, "alright everyone! time for exhibition practice for tonight." Yuzuru stops chasing me, joining the group forming in the middle of the rink.

I stood next to Yuzuru, greeting another Japanese skater that was stood next to me, "were just trying to figure out the best possible way to make everyone stand out." I nod, my skates going in front and behind of each other.

"so first we'll have all of fourth place, third place, and condescending into first place. It'll be ice dance, mens, pairs, and then womens. in the same order each time, okay?" the group agrees, and we all space out, waiting for the run throughs.

"so, first it's Kaitlyn and Andrew, then Brian, and then..." he keeps listing skaters, later getting towards us.

"and then after everything we just have to greet the audience, and then worlds is over for this year, alright?" there was a joint agreeing noise, each person getting ready for their own run through.

"Are you ready?" I look over at Yuzuru, nodding. We stood against the wall edge, the first few groups going up. Yuzuru had to go, so I stood next to other skaters, waiting for a bit.

"Mei." I turn around, Tracy standing there, holding my phone.

"yes?" she hands me my phone, a few missed calls from the same number.

"they've been calling you for the past few minutes, I think you should answer." I nod, skating towards the exit of the rink.

One of the helpers open it, and I thank her, Tracy meeting me with my skate guards.

I place my skate guards on, walking into a secluded area to call the number back. The area code was unknown to me, so it was either a friend who's number I didn't save, or a lunatic who found my number.

I held the phone up to my ears, the ringing coming from the other side. The phone picked up, and a small hello, in Japanese, came from the other side, "Hello?" I walked further into the space, confused by the mans voice.

"Hi Meinami... I saw you on the ice last night. You looked like a princess." I scoffed, already knowing who it was, realizing who the voice was.

"Kei what the heck? I thought you were a stalker." I heard my brother chuckle, but his voice sounded more gruff? "I'm happy to hear that my son grew up to sound like me, but I'm not Kei, Meinami."

It took me some time to process, trying to figure out who had called me, "Dad?" I hear the man sigh, and a few whispers in the background.

"I was so happy to see you win gold Mei, you were shining, like the true star you could be. You've made me so proud, I thought you should know that." I stuttered, trying to get anything out.

"Wait, Dad, where are you? I'll come see you, please. I wanna talk." I hear him sigh again, and more unnecessary whispers.

"That's no problem, but you should always put your career first, hm?" I comply, re-asking him where he was.

"I'm in Seoul right now, I know after worlds it'll be off season, but please you have to make sure to ask your mom first. I don't want her to get mad at you for trying to visit me." I shake my head, even though he couldn't see.