Chapter 9

vote + comment !!!

Finally stepping off the plane in Canada, the time is currently 12:32am. Basically midnight. We went straight to baggage claim, watching the bags go round and round, patiently waiting for the the bags with the Japanese flag attached to them.

Yuzuru swayed back and forth, obviously having lack of sleep from the air trip before.

I grabbed my bags placing them to the side, waiting for Yuzu and his moms bags to show up. I grab my phone out of my hand bag, turning it back on.

I see the apple screen pop up and my I turn my phone around to look at the photo in my phone case. It was an old picture of me and Yuzu. We were at the ice rink back at home, when we were just starting... I guess he has always been taller than me.

I look back up from my phone to see Yuzu leaning over to see my phone.

"How long has that been in the back of your phone?" He asks me.

"Hmm... I think since I got the phone.  It was the first photo I found." I smile, remembering how long it took me to actually find a photo of small us.

lmao flashback

"Mom? Where's the photo book you have of me? When I was little?" I search around the bookcase filled with all the photo albums and cds.

"Uhmmm... it should be the first one on the right, if not the left." I run over to the left side, looking for the pink and white book, but it wasn't there.

"Uggghhh." I run to the right side, and see the book at the top. I jump and grab it. I run back to the table in the living room and place it down.

I flip through the pages, memories flowing through my head. Every competition, every fall, every single turn, spin, and jump. It was such an amazing feeling.

I keep flipping through the pages, but a photo falls out. I pick it up off the floor, and stare at it.

It was a polaroid from awhile back. I look down at the writing on the photo.

2000.10.13

wah, this photo was so old, I grab my phone off of the coffee table it had been resting on, and check to see if it would fit in my phone case.

I take the clear case off of the phone, quickly dropping the photo into the case. I placed my phone back into my case, and turn it around.

It looked cute. I close the photo book, and place it where I found it...

lmao flashblack over

I finish remembering the story, and Yuzuru had just finished grabbing the final bag. He drags the bags over to us, and stands up straight.

"Did you see that mom? I'm actually strong." His mom snickers, and grabs a bag from his hand.

"Don't carry a lot, you're back will hurt." She walks away from us with sass, and I laugh at Yuzu's face.

"I love your mom." He scoffs and faces me.

"You love me more though." I think about it.

"Mhm.. that is true." I grab the two suitcases I had, and walked away leaving Yuzuru in the dust.

~

We had to stay in a motel room because the apartment office was closed until tomorrow morning at 7am.

I placed my suitcases in the corner of the room, and plop onto the couch at the other side of the room.

"Is that where you're sleeping?" Mrs. Hanyu asked me.

"Yes, i'm already comfortable." I hear her hum, and she places down her purse onto the bed she would be sleeping on.

Yuzuru places his bags in the corner, next to mine, and flops onto the bed, the one closest to the couch. I can see his face from here.

I really adored his cheeks. No matter how skinny he was, he had the softest and squishiest cheeks ever.

I guess he could feel me staring because he opens his eyes, and looks right at me.

Before I did anything stupid, I smiled, and he smiled back. Ahh another thing I loved. His smile. He smiled at everyone. He smiled at animals, plants, trash.

It was really random what he would smile at... uHh i'm staring again.

I take my arm out from underneath me, and point at the pillow behind him.

"Can you give me that?" He looks behind him, and looks back at me.

"I could be your pillow." UGH! My cheeks quickly become hot, and I roll my eyes to hide my embarrassment.

"Just give me the pillow." He scoots over, and taps the area next to him.

"Just sleep next to me, we haven't done it in awhile." That sounds so wrong... but I still do it.

I sigh, and slowly stand from the couch, and onto the bed with Yuzu. The bed sorta jumps back at me.

"Isn't it more comfortable laying in my arms." I hit him in the chest.

"Stop being cheesy. It's weird." I hear him giggle, and the Mrs. Hanyu shuts the lights off.

I can hear the breathing of Yuzu, but I can still see his eyes open.

"You aren't asleep, right?" He whispers. I shake my head, and I can hear him sigh.

"I'm gonna do something very important right now, ok?" I nod and stay still.

I can feel him place his hand on my cheek, rubbing his finger back and forth, from bottom to top.

"You have a really soft cheek."

"I know." I laughs softly, I look back at Yuzu, and he was leaning in.

Wait was he gonna... kiss me? lol no. that's impossible— oh wow he actually kissed me.

his lips are really soft, and they taste like grapes. shit what do i do...