chapter 41

please vote + comment !!!

dec. 5, 2012 

_

The room felt cold to those who weren't used to the ice, but to the skaters in the area it gave them a sense of relief. It was when they could try their best, when they could be what they wanted to be. 

The rink allowed them to let go of all their feelings, screaming, crying, laughing. It was a place of solitude for many skaters, the ones who weren't forced into the sport at least. 

Mei Miyazaki glided around the sides of her Korean rink, the air conditioning being the only thing you could hear, besides her breathing. 

It was early morning, earlier than she had ever gotten up just to practice. The Japanese girl turned towards the clock, sighing. She'd been here for almost two hours, and her head still seemed so foggy.

 She was supposed to be practicing, but decided against it after realizing she'd just fuck everything up, especially with the mental she was in. 

"C'mon Mei. It's just a birthday note... he'll receive it in the mail, you literally sent it a week ago. go back to practicing." The girl picked up her feet, now running around the rink. 

The cold air surrounded her more, her hair flying behind her. Her thick jacket also flailing in the wind, after not taking it off yet. 

She probably looked like a maniac to God, but so be it. Her head was in the clouds and she couldn't do anything to fix it. It was probably 5pm in Canada, and he still hadn't texted her. 

The only thing she could think of was that the letter didn't reach him, and it was worse that she'd be on a plane for like the thousandth time this year, heading to Sochi. 

She just aggressively sighed, wanting to beat up a wall, or a person. She skated over to where her stuff was, picking up her phone again. 

Still no messages, or notifications, not even a message from her dad wondering where she had gone so early in the morning. No text from her coach, which was strange.

 She messed around with her phone, trying to figure out just why she wasn't getting messages. Unless, in reality, no one actually cared for her wellbeing and just thought she was okay. hm.

Mei soon figured it out, realizing her phone wasn't connected to her data, her phone finally beeping after turning her data back on. 

There were a bunch of rings, and notifications popping up onto her phone, twitter being the main source of the annoying buzz. "I should really turn my notifications off for this dumb bird app..." 

She looked through her messages, responding to her dad (who had been messaging her for the past hour) and her coach, who was wondering if she was ready to leave today. 

The final buzz came in, a miscall from the only person her heart cared about right now. She pressed the contact, smiling. 

The familiar LINE tone started up, the boys contact reflecting off the screen. "Hello?" She smiled, holding the phone up to her ear. 

"Yuzuru san." The line went silent, forcing her to pull her phone away, wondering if the call hung up. "Hello?" She heard his breathing on the other side, and was slightly confused.