chapter 21

mar. 20, 2012 (6 days left)

i was shoving a bunch of different under armor shirts into my suitcase... or as many as would fit.

looking from my dresser, and back to the bed that had a bunch of my shirts on it, i realize i own one too many of these training shirts.

but, i did get them for free... so i can't really complain. i end up dumping the whole suitcase out, and trying to fold the clothes properly.

i grabbed all my training clothes that i had already placed in the suitcase, and put them in a pile to the left of me.

i then grab any extra clothes i would probably need, placing them to my right. "ok now i at least look a little more organized."

i hesr snickering coming from the open bedroom door, and i glare right at the boy who has been standing there for who knows how long. "what?"

"you don't look one bit organized mei-chan." i roll my eyes, going back to folding the under armor shirts.

"do you need help?" being the stubborn, annoying person i am, i shake my head, telling him to shoo off.

"this is my room too." i drop my arms to the side, and stare at him. he smiles at me, and walks over to an area of the bed that wasn't occupied by all of my stuff.

"mei-chan you are, in the nicest way possible, a mess." i huff, throwing one of my training shirts at him.

I realize now that I throw things at him a lot... and that he catches things a lot. The room stays quiet, me deciding to actually organize myself.

Every now and then, I look up to see what yuzu is doing, and every time he's placing a newly folded shirt down.

He was so nice to me for no reason, I guess he is my best friend, but he didn't have to do it. "Don't you have to pack your own stuff?" I placed my hands on my hips, a little bit irritated that I couldn't think by myself.

"I packed it last week, why do you think I keep doing my own laundry twice a day?" My eyes widen, but I shrug it off, continuing to pester him.

"you could be doing anything else, but you're here folding clothes." He placed a newly folded pair of pants into the suitcase, looking up at me.

We made eye contact, and he smiled again, "you know i love spending time with you." I try to keep the smile from growing on my face, but ultimately my muscles fail me, and the tone in my skin is bright pink.

"i really hate you." i shake my head, trying to hide the fact that he indeed take a toll on my heart.

"no you don't. you're very grateful to have me in your life, right mei-chan?" my jaw drops, and i glare at him.

"out." he starts stuttering, looking a little afraid that i had turned so serious.

"if you can't stop teasing me when i'm obviously trying to work very hard then please get out." he does a zipping motion right by his mouth, and continues to fold random stuff that was sprawled out on our bed.

"thank you... and yes i do very much appreciate you." he nods, and i could see his smile reaching his ears.

what an idiot.

-

mar. 21, 2012 (5 days left)

in less than a month we were boarding a plane again. i cleared my throat, trying to get rid of the early morning grogginess.

i was ultimately rocking back and forth, from heel to toe, waiting for our coaches to fix our boarding passes. apparently we weren't all seated together, and it made this weird issue.

"mei-chan? you look like you're about to pass out." i sniffle, for the nth time this morning, and turn towards the Japanese boy.

i shush him, and let me head fall right onto his arm. he stumbles a little, but i keep my head on his arm, eager to get at least another five minutes of sleep. 

it probably looks funny to any passing bystanders, but i am so comfortable right now. sound was tuned out because of my earbuds, and i figured out i was able to sleep standing up. 

 i can feel yuzuru shifting his arm underneath me, and somehow i end up right in his chest, his left arm now resting on top of my shoulders. 

i could smell the laundry detergent we usually used, mixed with his shower gel, and it sorta made my chin itch, but i still left my face there. "is she okay?" i heard javier ask. 

He nods, not really uttering a word. I sniffle and clear my throat, my morning allergies really not working with me at the moment. 

I hear shuffling coming from behind me, and I turn, hoping it was brian and tracy. It indeed was, so I turned fully, sorta stuck because yuzuru decided to keep his arm wrapped around my neck. "you aren't gonna let go?" 

"nope." i just leave him, a bit too tired to deal with him. I focus my attention back to Brian, who was handing us our boarding passes. 

"so, i coudn't get the five of us to sit together, and because mei and yuzu are still minors they need to sit with their apparent guardian, which means me and tracy." I nod, taking the boarding pass from his hands. 

"so, the boys will be sitting with me, and mei, you will be sitting with tracy."  i nod again, finally detaching myself from yuzuru's hold. 

he pokes my side, and i swat him away, yawning. "boarding isn't for another thirty minutes, so if you want to get a bite you can, just be back here by... 7:10." I look up at the clock and I read 6:32. It really was too early to be awake. 

brian and tracy take a seat next to each other, the three of our bags crowding around them. I try to hold back a yawn, my eyes wide open. "chica, are you ok?" i nod, putting my thumbs up. 

"it's too early for any of this, i just want coffee. " he nods, and walks over to sit next to all of our luggage. 

I turn to the boy, who was just standing behind me, "you wanna go get a matcha muffin from starbucks?" he nods, excited, and grabs my hand, dragging me to the nearest Starbucks in the airport.