chapter 22

mar. 21, 2012 (five days left) 

apparently they weren't selling matcha muffins, so now yuzuru was sipping on some like... apple juice, but fancy? i can't remember. 

he looked so funny pouting about the matcha muffin, sipping on the straw that he put in his drink. i stopped myself from laughing, covering it with sipping on my own drink. 

he gave me a strange look, straw still in mouth, and i really had to hold myself together, not trying to pull attention from surrounding travelers. "you look crazy." i glare, facing his direction. 

"that's rude. you're the one pouting over a matcha muffin." his jaw drops, the straw falling out of his mouth. i bite my lip, really trying not to laugh. 

his facial expressions were really amazing. you could always tell how he was feeling because he barely tried to hide it. i guess that's what made him easy to read, he was also a terrible liar. 

"it's too early for your shenanigans mei." i nod, keeping my head down. i stayed biting my lip,  trying to clam down. 

"Mei? are you ok?" i raise a thumbs up, trying to tell Tracy I was fine without actually looking at her. 

it's probably the coffee. i got the caffeine and it woke me up. now i won't be able to fall asleep on the stupid flight. how long is the flight?

 i finally look back up, turning to Tracy, "how long is the first flight?" she clears her throat, placing the bottle of water that she was drinking down.    

she pulls out her own boarding pass, and i follow, wanting to see it for myself. I place my coffee in yuzuru's lap, looking over to see Tracy's boarding pass. 

"it says here that... this is the wrong boarding pass." she places the sheet of paper back into her bag, grabbing the other one. 

"alright, it says here we depart at 7:30am and the flight is 7 hours and 25 minutes." i nod, placing my boarding pass back into my bag. 

i turn back to yuzuru, who was now holding my drink, instead of it being in between his knees. "thank you for holding it." i smile, grabbing it from him. 

i look at the time on my phone, but the intercom goes off. first it says something in French, then switches over to English, "ladies and gentlemen, the flight to Paris, France is now boarding. We are taking any military or special care first." I see a few people stand up around us, and I end up downing the rest of the coffee in the cup. 

"do you want me to throw that away?" i could see him gnawing on ice, and he nods, placing the lid back on the cup. 

i grab the cup from him, standing up and grabbing any other trash the other three had. I turn to Javier, and see him stuffing the cake pop i had gotten him into his mouth. he just smiles, handing me the bag that the sweet treat was in.

i shake my head, heading over to a trash can. "ah, sumimasen , but are you mei miyazaki?" i turn my head, seeing who had spoken to me in the broken japanese.

it was a girl. a girl with long blonde hair, and brown eyes. not someone you would think would speak japanese to you, but nonetheless. "ah, yes. you can speak english if you want." i visibly see her tense shoulders drop, and i hoped it meant she was comfortable. 

"oh ok," she struggled to get the next sentence out, and the intercom spoke again, the next to be class 1. 

"um, can you just sign this for me? i really like your skating and it's so beautiful to watch. i like that your pieces are mostly piano, and it really relaxes me when i can listen to them when i'm doing school work, and- oh sorry, i'm rambling." i deny the fact, and grab the little notebook that she had held up earlier.

"what's your name?" i can see the girls smile grow, the intercom again saying they were taking class 2. 

"it's alice." i quickly sign, leaving a nice little message. she smiles, about to talk to me some more, but the intercom goes off again. 

"mei? it's our turn to board." i turn to see Tracy calling out for me, Yuzuru standing next to her with my bag. i wave to the girl, handing her the notebook. 

"i hope to see you again." i smile at her, turning and running to finally board the plane with the rest of our group. 

i grab my backpack from yuzuru, grabbing the boarding pass from the front pocket. "who was that?" i smile, looking up at him. 

"a very nice girl who seemed to like me, i hope." he nods, and we walk towards the flight attendants that were waiting for us to board. 

yuzuru had been rummaging in his bag, looking for who knows what, but he does tap me on the shoulder, gaining my attention, "hm?" he smiles, and hands me an extra pooh plush. 

"he'll take care of you for me, okay?" i nod, looking down at the yellow fluff in my hand. i inhale, trying to calm myself down before actually getting onto the plane. 

time for a seven hour flight. 

alisewithac
no fucking way, you will never guess who i just
MET. i will actually start sobbing at an airport 
*one attachment

65 retweets | 52 quote retweets | 1,486 likes

intnowe
why would she be in canada? she's under abe, right?

pot1s4
wasn't she seen with yuzuru like a month ago?

^ alisewitac
she was! that's why i assumed it was her
AND I WAS RIGHT 

55ttqqt
that's pure luck what the heck

meinzi
that's so cute! i'm guessing their
heading to france

tty1qd
does that mean miyazaki is officially 
under wilson and orser? 

^ meinzi 
probably? we should wait for
an official announcement before anything 

trending yuzuru 

trending mei miyazaki 

trending worlds figure skating 2012 

trending japan 

_officialjen_ 
has japanse skater, mei miyazaki, really transferred to Canda? 

earlier this year, the japanese skating federation released an official statement, stating that japanese skater, yuzuru hanyu, would be transferring over to canadian coach, brian orser, in april. 

if you don't live under a rock within the figure skating world, you've seen the countless amount of times that the two japanese skaters have interacted. 

did mei miyazaki follow yuzuru hanyu to canada? is this an official switch? or is she still under japanese coach, nanami abe? 

897 retweets | 651 quote retweets | 6,531 likes