chapter 25

mar. 22, 2012

i don't remember how long i've been sleeping for, but when yuzuru had to deliberately shake me awake because he needed to pee, i realized it was probably a really long time.

i roll over in the bed, pulling the white comforter above my mouth, not wanting to cover my nose.

i feel the other side of the bed move, and shuffling happening around the room. all these little noises are really ruining my sleeping vibe.

i hear the bathroom lights flicker on, and this time i sit up, the blanket falling down to my waist. "yuzuru, be more quiet!" i fall back into the bed, not waiting for a response.

"mei it's too early for you to be screaming across the room." yuzuru shut the door behind him, and i could faintly hear him pissing in the bathroom.

why is peeing actually so loud? i pull the blanket back up to my face, grabbing my phone off of the night stand.

the little chain i had hanging from it smacked me in the face, but i paid no attention to it, seeing all the texts that have piled up... that and the time.

the clock read 2:12pm. i time where i would already be on the ice if we were still in Canada. but no. were in Nice, France, with a jacked time change, dealing with jetlag.

but now i know my body will never let me sleep more than 12 hours, which i guess is a plus, in some cases.

i go over some of the messages, endlessly leaving some people on read. the most important ones were the ones from the TCC group chat and my 'Miyazaki family tree' group chat.

i didn't want to read the TCC group, but knowing that we were in a foreign country, i would need help figuring out where everything is.

brian
if you would like to
travel anywhere, always
bring a buddy
liked by two others

tracy
on top of that, if you
need a ride, just call
this number

contact shared with group

tracy
it's a travel agency
that the hotel is working
with

javi
got it my coaches

read by everyone

I lay back down in the bed, not wanting to get out of bed anytime soon. "Mei do you want to do anything today?" I groan, hoping Yuzuru had heard me from the restroom.

"Is that a no?" he steps out of the bathroom, his hair wet, running a towel through it.

"did you wash your hair in the sink? again?" he smiles at me, walking over to the bed.

"at least i'm clean... did you want to go anywhere?" I shrug, picking up my phone.

"if we find a place to go... or we can go to one of the practice rinks." I smile, looking up at him. yuzuru nods, walking over to his own phone sitting on the bedside table.

"i'll head back to my room for now, i'll text you if i find anything." I nod, Yuzuru waving bye as he walks over to the door.

"See you later!" I hear him make a funny noise, the door closing before I could even question it. I pull out my phone, quickly heading to the TCC group chat.

mei
are there any
open rinks near us?

brian

there's one by the official
rink, you've just got to ask
someone to bring you

mei
nice, ok, thank you

i get out of bed, my head spinning a bit, but run towards the bathroom, trying to get ready for the day. i heard my phone buzz a few times, but ignored it, hopping right into the shower.

the water felt... rough? in a way. it was probably the water pressure but with the incoming steam and water coming right at my face, i just wanted the shower to end.

i lathered my hair and body with the product i left in here last night, also washing my face at the same time.

i felt.. refreshed. i got  out of the shower, grabbing one of the hotel supplied towels and wrapped it around my body.

it only took me a couple more minutes to step out of the bathroom and back into my actual room, fully dressed.

my leggings matched with the under armor long sleeve i had put on, the sports bra under it adding warmth.

i probably should've checked the weather before getting dressed, but it'll be cold in the rink so it's fine.

i grab the duffle bag i had brought, placing some necessities i always needed.

hairties, hair brush, extra shirt, extra socks, extra pants, just in case of course.

i didn't have any water in the room, so i'll probably grab it later.

i hear my phone buzz from the bathroom, and remember it had been going off since my shower earlier. oops.

i stand up, walking back to the bathroom and grabbing it, going over some messages.

yuzu
are we going
to go practice?

yuzu
answer?

yuzu
i just left your
room

yuzu
am i being ignored  

yuzu
you were talking
in the TCC chat like
2 minutes ago

yuzu
i'll just.. get dressed
like we're going to
practice

yuzu
are we practicing or
not lady pls

yuzu
meeeiiiii

mei
yesum we are
practicing :>

yuzu
finally okay :3

mei
meet you
downstairs?

yuzu
nah wait for me in
your room, i just lost a
bracelet

mei
wow

yuzu
:/

that's what i did. i waited. i waited for him to knock, laying on the comfortable hotel bed. and the knock did come, but i was half asleep.

"mei let's go!" i groan, standing up from the bed and grabbing my duffle bag, opening the door to yuzuru.

"why'd you take so long?" i squinted, the hallways bringing more light into my room than needed.

he raised his arm, one of his bracelets missing. "i couldn't find it." he was pouting, clearly upset that he couldn't find it.

"well then we can make a new one, but this time you'll actually make it and won't make me do all the work." i smile up at him, grabbing his arm in an attempt to move.

he stayed still, and i looked back at him confused. "what?" he looks down at my duffle bag, and back up at me.

"do you have your wallet and phone?" i blink, not remembering, and walk back into the room.

thankfully i did because there was any wallet... and the hotel room key. that's quite embarrassing.

i walk back out of the room, the door closing behind me. i show yuzuru the things in my hand, and grab his again, dragging him down the hallway.

"now we can go and practice."

if you guys want straight funny stuff go read friends <3 it's an nct book that i'm writing— only if you want tho :D